How to convert local recording zoom files into .mp4 , .m4a and m3u?

Hello i’m using windows zoom c sharp wrapper SDK for developing my application. 

1. i don’t able to find any service into SDK which can convert later zoom files into .mp4 , .m4a  and m3u

2. in few case when i end meeting recording will not convert into .mp4 , .m4a  and m3u files it shows double_click_to_convert_01 while i double click getting error message selected file has extension .meetingrec that is not recognized by player

Thank You.

2 Likes

hi

we will auto covert this after meeting end. if convert failed, you can run the zTscoder.exe with your recording folder like this:

zTscoder.exe “x:\x\2018-06-24 15.37.04 xxxxxx 1111111”

please have a try.

thanks.

dats

1 Like

hi,zTscoder.exe convert is ok.but how i can see progress(percent of total) of convert? any cmd options?

Hi Sloppy,

Thanks for your reply. I will consult the engineer regarding this and get back to you.

Hi Sloppy,

If you are not using the latest SDK, you can call this interface before the meeting: MeetingUIElemConfiguration.EnableLocalRecordingConvertProgressBarDialog(true);; If you are using the latest version of SDK(v4.4.55130.0712), then the progress bar is shown by default.

In the normal progress, the zTscoder.exe will be called to do the transcoding automatically, you do not need to call it manually.

Hope this helps. Thanks!

Hi, I am not a developer but I need help with converting local file that shows double_click_to_convert_01 to audio. How can I do that?

Hi elvin.freytes,

Thanks for using Zoom SDK. Are you trying to convert a single file? Our SDK does not support that.

Thanks!

Two files

[Linked removed]

Best,

Elvin

Hi elvin.freytes,

Thanks for the reply. I have removed the shared link to protect your recording’s privacy. If you are looking for the way to convert the local recording, the following link could be helpful:

Thanks!

hi, sorry but what do you mean by “run”?
the computer was in the middle of converting another meeting and the other meeting didn’t convert and it won’t convert by double click now, what can I do?

Had the same poblem. Waited two weeks without respond from zoom support. So i googled and found the mentioned solution on this site with zTscoder.exe.
As it was difficult to understand, i wrote an instruction guide for dummies - how to manually convert local Zoom video files.

Unfortunately i wrote in german, but if you use google translator, i am sure you will understand how to use zTscoder.exe with the windows command. Wish you and all the other ones good luck, here´s the article link:
https://klaudija.de/lokale-zoom-datei-selber-konvertieren-mp4-aus-double_click_to_convert_01-zoom

2 Likes

Thank you! I know next to nothing about coding, but my computer crashed right after I finished a video for class. I came upon this thread and followed your instructions and successfully converted the video!

1 Like

Hi everyone,

Thanks for using Zoom SDK and thanks for the replies. Yes, you may convert the local recording files with the following steps:

1. In Windows, press the “Win” button + R to open the “Run” box, then type in “cmd”(Other ways to open “cmd”: https://www.howtogeek.com/235101/10-ways-to-open-the-command-prompt-in-windows-10/)
  2. Locate the folder that has your recording files(and the double_click_to_convert_* file) and get the absolute path, for example, C:\recording\
  3. In cmd, navigate to the folder that has the Windows SDK(“Commands to navigate and change the directory in cmd”:https://www.digitalcitizen.life/command-prompt-how-use-basic-commands), then go to the ./bin/ folder
  4. In cmd, type in ztscoder C:\recording\ to convert the local recording file.

Hope this helps. Thanks!

Hi klaudija.de,

Thanks for using Zoom SDK and thanks for writing and sharing your great article! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi - I am not a developer either - but searching for a way to convert a double click to convert zoom audio and video files that won’t convert on a MAC!! If anyone has any idea how to do this I would really appreciate it! Zoom will not get back to me and I’ve followed the instructions to manually convert on their website which don’t work. Thank you so much!

Hi there! Any chance you have instructions on how to convert on a MAC?!

1 Like

Thanks @Carlos_Chen, for sharing the manual way to convert the .zoom files to mp4. It helped me :slight_smile:

I did all the steps than also I am getting this

Appreciate advice as to how to do this/use Zoom SDK on a Mac. I am not a developer but came here looking for help as I have the exact same problem as Amanda.

I have the same problem, and it loos like there are PLENTY of people with this issue. It would be great if ZOOM could just create a manual converter so we can all run our .zoom files through to convert them when the process doesn’t work like is happening to all of us. I’m not a coder, but Support hasn’t responded in days, so I’m here trying to figure things out. I need this recording, so PLEASE help us figure out a way to convert your .zoom files to mp4 so we can use them in a simple way that doesn’t require coding knowledge. Your responses above don’t help anyone that isn’t a coder, which is most of your users.