Unable to create user using "custCreate" action

Hi, I am unable to create other users using “custCreate” action in create user API. Because I wanted to use those created users as “alternative_hosts” in create meeting APIs .

API endpoint: https://api.zoom.us/v2/users
Request:
{
“action”: “custCreate”,
“user_info”: {
“email”: “xxxx@gmail.com”,
“type”: 1,
“first_name”: “xxx”,
“last_name”: “xx”
}
}
Response:
{
“code”: 2016,
“message”: “No permission, please contact Zoom customer support.”
}

Could you please provide permission?

Hey @mithun,

To use the custCreate action you need to have an ISV account as mentioned in the docs.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy ,
It will be really helpful if you clarify below questions as I need to implement this in my application

1. Suppose, Consider I have pro account with 5 licensed users and 200 basic users. Consider a scenario where licensed user want to host the meeting with basic user as alternative host.Is it possible?

2. If the above is not possible, Do I need to create license for all 200 basic users(teachers) if I want to use them as alternative host… But this is not a proper solution.
    In my application where licensed user will host the meeting for teachers(basic user) and students…Once the meeting is scheduled, teacher(basic user) has to host the meeting without any intervention from licensed user

3. Any other alternative solution please?

Hey @mithun,

Alternative hosts need to be licensed users.

What is your use case for needing so many alternative host possibilities? Have you considered using the schedule_for property if you need to update the meeting host?

Thanks,
Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.