What is custCreate?

I checked the following explanation but I can not understand.

It says that the custCreate users can not log in to Zoom web portal or Zoom client because they don’t have password and start the meeting with start_url or join_url.
I think custCreate users can’t use the Zoom API and get the start_url if they can’t log in to Zoom. How do they get the start_url?

I understand that only users who have logged in to Zoom and authenticated with OAuth will be able to use Zoom API.

Hi @on.shin.90821_1,

Happy to clarify.

CustCreate users are non-login users created via API. If you also create a meeting via API, you can specify the user ID of the API user as the host and the start_url will reflect them as the meeting host when used to start the meeting—this will launch the Zoom Client.

If you’re looking for a standard experience, where users can log in and view the Zoom UI, the “create” action would be recommended.

Let me know if this helps,
Will

Thank you for your information.
I was able to understand your reply.
If you don’t mind, please give a concrete example of the situation in which the custCreate user is created.

Hi @on.shin.90821_1,

Here is an example using custCreate:

POST https://api.zoom.us/v2/users

{
  "action": "custCreate",
  "user_info": {
    "email": "example@example.com",
    "type": 1,
    "first_name": "Someone",
    "last_name": "Somewhere"
  }
}

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.