Not able to get participants list after ending the meeting

Hi team,

I am not able to get the participants lists after ending the meeting. If there is only one participant at a time.

API: report/meetings/{meetingId}/participants

However if there are two unique participants then the API returns the result.
Is there any way through API to get the list of participants even if there is only one participant.

1 Like

Hey @shashi,

If there is only one person in the meeting (which is the host) there are no participants so there their is no participant list.

What is your use case to get the host/the only person in a meeting?

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

So I am creating the meeting from API and making join before host to true. Now if one participant joins the meeting. I am not able to get the participants detail. It only returns if there are two participants.

The host will not join the meeting. Only the participants will join the meeting and if only one of them joins I want to fetch that participant detail.

1 Like

Hey @shashi,

Thanks for providing your use case.

A possible solution could be to use our Webhooks to see who Joins the meeting.

Otherwise, I would not recommend a scenario in which the host of the meeting never joins.

Let me know if the webhooks solution work for your scenario.

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Hey @tommy,

we also faced the same exception.

Let me share a few details about our use case:
We need to get /report/meetings/{meetingId}/participants after the meeting to get details as join_time, leave_time, duration, etc.

We tried to find a workaround by using /past_meetings/{UUID}/participants, but it also returns empty participants list.

The strange thing here is that /past_meetings/{UUID} endpoint returns participants_count: 1

Anyway, it doesn’t suit because past_meetings endpoint doesn’t return the required details.

We wondering, if it possible to return some specific exception in this case instead of

{ “code”: 3001, “message”: “Meeting ID is invalid or not end.”}

which seems wrong as meeting id is correct and was ended.
Actually it is hard to identify if it is wrong meeting id or it faced this case.

The best-case scenario, of course, would be - return list with one participant :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks,
Volodymyr

1 Like

Hey @vtymtsiv, thanks for posting and using Zoom!

Have you tried using our Meeting Ended Webhook and or Meeting Participant Joined / Left Webhook for this?

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Thanks for the quick response @tommy!

We are using Recording Completed Webhook. After we receive it, we need to get a list of participants with all parameters including attentiveness_score which, afaik, only provided by mentioned above report endpoint.

Regarding Joined/Left webhooks. Left event doesn’t suit as a user can join again. So, it needless event in our case, we need the only result of a meeting when it ended with participant details like attentiveness_score and send the result of the meeting to the participant.

More details:
In case when at meeting/webinar was only one participant we don’t have to do anything, but because of general error(Meeting ID is invalid or not end), we can’t identify that there was only one participant.

Thanks,
Volodymyr

1 Like

Hey @vtymtsiv, you are welcome! :slight_smile:

So after receiving the Webhook, you are calling the GET Meeting Participant Reports endpoint right?

May I ask your use case about needing info for a meeting that only has 1 participant in it?

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Hey @tommy :wave:

right, we are calling GET Meeting Participant Reports endpoint.

May I ask your use case about needing info for a meeting that only has 1 participant in it?

After we received a webhook, we don’t know how many participants were there, it doesn’t contain such info. So we have to get it by the endpoint mentioned above. So in case, there >1 participant, we have to create a kind of report. We do nothing when there is 1 participant.

But because endpoint returns a general error, we can’t identify if the meeting id is wrong (or another thing is wrong with the meeting) whether there is one participant. The endpoint returns the message that is not correct for the case with a valid meeting with 1 participant.

To prove my point that there is a possible bug/wrong behavior:
The similar report endpoint to Get Webinar participants returns a successful response with empty participants list.

{
    "page_count": 0,
    "page_size": 30,
    "total_records": 0,
    "next_page_token": "",
    "participants": []
}

Thanks,
Volodymyr

1 Like

Hey @vtymtsiv,

I do agree this could be improved. I will pass this to our engineering team. (ZOOM-140909)

However, I believe that the { “code”: 3001, “message”: “Meeting ID is invalid or not end.”} error will only be thrown if the meeting has not ended or if there was only 1 participant in the meeting. So in the meantime you can base your logic off of that error message.

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like