Bypass meeting join by browser or app page

Description-
How can I bypass the page when joining a meeting asks start with browser or app download …

Please click Open xdg-open if you see the system dialog.

If nothing prompts from browser, Click here to launch the meeting, or download & run Zoom.

If you cannot download or run the application, start from your browser.

Hey @rohit,

If you are trying to join the meeting via browser only, user the following link:

https://zoom.us/wc/{{meetindID}}/join?prefer=1&un=bmFtZQ==

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @vietanhle2399, thanks for posting and using Zoom!

Can you please share a screenshot of the issue?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi, I am working on Creating Webinars through REST API calls.I receive a join_urI after webinar creation.I had embeded this join_url to a button in our Web Application. I have also installed Zoom App. Onclicking button, another new tab opens with join url in address bar and then Zoom Desktop app is launched with confirmation from a pop up…

How to avoid this pop-up confirmation and directly launch Zoom Plugin if already installed in Client machine…

We need the join_url to be hidden,so trying to redirect to plugin directly
Please guide.

thanks

Hi @myknowledgeparkapp, to launch the application directly, reference our Guide to URL Schemes

I have a similar problem to vietanhle2399. Upon clicking xdg-open, a new, empty browser window opens without any url nor page content nor error message. Zoom is installed and works if I manually enter meeting details. I’m using google-chrome instead of firefox and am on Ubuntu 18.04.

Hey @ryaklin,

Please reach out to support.zoom.us as they will be able to better assist.

Thanks,
Tommy