Is it possible to bypass enter user name or Enter meeting ID page while join meeting via link?

Hello,
I am providing zoom meeting join_url on my webpage for users to click on and enter to meeting.
I want to by pass “Enter user name” as well as “Enter meeting ID” pages. Users should directly get “Please wait! Meeting host will let you in soon” page.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
OAuth

Thanks,
Bhagyesh

Hi @bhagyesh.koshti , yes you can! How are you creating the meetings?

You can create a join URL with the password embedded through the Zoom web portal:
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360060396571-Embedding-meeting-passcode-in-invite-link

You can also do this programmatically by creating a meeting with a password and then using the “get a meeting” endpoint to retrieve the join URL with embedded encrypted passcode.

Here’s a longer thread on this:

Thank you,
Gianni

Hello,
I have done get meeting API call and getting meeting details including join_url with encrypted passcode if set. I set received join_url to my webpage’s anchor tag for users to click also.

Now, when our users will click on that anchor link, they are redirected to zoom meeting and getting join meeting page (with Enter your Name if signed in else Enter Meeting ID).

I want to bypass that page(s).instead of it they would get “Please wait! Meeting host will let you in soon” page directly.

Thanks,
Bhagyesh

Hey @bhagyesh.koshti,

The join_url includes with it the meeting ID so the user shouldn’t be prompted for the meeting. Are you able to share an example of the a join_url you’re using?

If you don’t want the user to be prompted for their name when not logged in you can enable registration for the meeting and use the unique join_url returned from the Add Meeting Registrant API.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.