404 3301 Error When Trying To Delete Individual Recording Files Through API

Hi there,
We have recently discovered that our automated process of downloading meeting recordings have started receiving 404 3301 errors when it tries to call the Delete Meeting Recording File API with the recording file’s id.
These files do exist and appear in both the Get List Of Recordings API and in the Zoom Recording Management page, on which we are able to delete those files manually.
We have been running this automated process before for several months without issue, our code for this process hasn’t been changed since.
Could you please look into the cause of this errror?

Hi @eot ,

How recently did you start seeing this change? We made some bug fixes April 18th to some recording-related endpoints so I want to decipher if there’s a correlation.

Thanks so much,
Gianni

Hi Gianni,
The earliest we encountered this problem was when our automated process ran around 19th April 11pm AEST.

We had a long public holiday weekend so the previous time that automated process was calling the Delete Recording API was on the 14th April 11pm AEST. From what we can ascertain, it encountered no problems deleting the recording files during that time. We aren’t sure exactly when this problem started between those two dates.

As of 22nd April 8am AEST, we’re still encountering this error from the API and having to resort to manually deleting the recordings through the web portal.

1 Like

I would like to add that we have been experiencing the same issue that is described. Getting response from Postman,

{

"code": 3301,

"message": "This recording does not exist."

}

However, recording can be seen from API calls, web page and Postman (and can be manually deleted)

I can confirm this. Since 18th of April, our organization is facing the similar issue, and this has caused a lot of inconvenience.

@gianni.zoom I believe the bug fixes made on April 18th caused this issue. Kindly provide a solution as early as possible, as this bug is exhausting our resources.

Thanks

Hi @Ethnus1 , @itadmin1 , @eot ,

Thank you for this update. I’ll escalate this with our team. I will PM you each for the full request/response body screenshots and recording/meeting info for the report.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Just wanted to add that I am no longer having this issue. Thank you

1 Like

Hi @itadmin1 , thank you for the update! For everyone else, we do have our service engineers looking into this and I’ll report back with further findings (ZSEE-49177).

Hi All, this was a bug that should be fixed. Please confirm that you’re no longer experiencing the issue? @eot @Ethnus1

Hi @gianni.zoom
The issue is fixed. Thank you for your support.

I would like to add that we have been experiencing the same issue that is described. Getting response from Postman,

{

"code": 3301,

"message": "This recording does not exist."

}

However, recording can be seen from API calls, web page and Postman (and can be manually deleted)

Hi @hdlive ,

If you can confirm you’re still seeing this, can you please message me with your account id and full API request?

Thank you!