About webhook auth and validation

We have received an email from Zoom Video Communications with the subject line “Action Required Breaking changes to webhook auth and validation”. How can I check if our Zoom account is using webhook?

Do I just extract it with “Webhook Only” after selecting “Create Apps” under “Apps on Account” in the Zoom Marketplace, as shown in the attached file?
image|690x290

Hi @Takayuki_Hanawa
Thanks for reaching out to us!
The way that you are using to check is a good option, that way you will be able to see all the Webhook only apps that you have in your account.
but you should also check your Server to Server OAuth apps and your OAuth apps to make sure that if you are listening to event with those apps, you are able to update them in regards of webhook validation

Hope this helps,
Elisa

1 Like

Hi @elisa.zoom

Thank you for your reply.

We will check not only “Webhook Only” but also “OAuth apps” and “Server to Server OAuth”.
I am sorry, but could you please tell us how to check if “OAuth apps” and “Server to Server OAuth” are listening for Webhook events?

Also, where can we check to determine if our account is affected?

Best regards,
Hananwa

Hi @Takayuki_Hanawa
Yes, for both Server to Server and Oauth app you can head to the Feature tab and see if you have Event Subscriptions enabled

1 Like

Hi @elisa.zoom

I’m sorry, could you please tell me where the Features tab is located?
I looked for it on the page but could not find it.

Best regards,
Hananwa

Hi @Takayuki_Hanawa
In your Oauth app and Server to Server Oauth app:

1 Like

Hi @elisa.zoom

The information and screenshots you provided seem to be about “OAuth apps” and “Server to Server OAuth” when creating new apps.
What should we do in the case of “OAuth apps” and “Server to Server OAuth” that have already been created?
Could you please tell me where the Features tab is located?

Also, I don’t think there is a way to set up webhooks for “OAuth apps” and “Server to Server OAuth”, but is it necessary to check these?(This is a question in response to the following your comment.)

you should also check your Server to Server OAuth apps and your OAuth apps to make sure that if you are listening to event with those apps, you are able to update them in regards of webhook validation

Best regards,
Hananwa

Hi @Takayuki_Hanawa
The features tab is located right where the screenshots show them.
Those are apps that have been created by me and that is the only way to check if you have webhooks enabled in your app.
So if the Event subscription feature is disabled, that means you do not have webhooks in that app.

And yes, you can also set up webhooks in Oauth apps and Server to server apps, that is why I recommended to check on those apps as well

1 Like

Hi @elisa.zoom

Based on your response, I have organized the information.
Please point out any discrepancies in my understanding.

■How to check if your Zoom account uses Webhook
Follow the steps below to check the status of “Event Subscriptions” (if it is disabled, it means that you are not using Webhook)

PERSONAL APP MANAGEMENT>Created Apps>Created App Name>Feature>General Features>Event Subscriptions

If the created app is disabled (Manage app>Enable this app), the app will not affect your Zoom account.

■How to search for Webhook apps created in your Zoom account
Follow the steps below to extract “Webhook Only” apps

Select “Webhook Only” in ADMIN APP MANAGEMENT>Apps on Account>Create Apps

Best regards,
Hananwa

Hi @Takayuki_Hanawa
That is correct, I would like to make a note here:

If the created app is disabled (Manage app>Enable this app), the app will not affect your Zoom account.

Or if the Event subscriptions are disabled, this won’t affect you.

1 Like

Hi @elisa.zoom

Thanks to you I have a better understanding.
Please let me ask more questions when I find more questions.

Best regards,
Hananwa

1 Like

Hi @elisa.zoom

I have an additional question regarding this thread.

Regarding the “How to check if your Zoom account uses Webhook” I sent you earlier, is this for “an organizational account” or for “a personal account”?
I would like to know how to check for “an organizational account”.

If the confirmation procedure for “an organizational account” is as follows (if it can only confirm through PERSONAL APP MANAGEMENT), please let us know.

PERSONAL APP MANAGEMENT>Created Apps>Created App Name>Feature>General Features>Event Subscriptions

Best regards,
Hananwa

Hi @Takayuki_Hanawa
I would make sure to check on each individual account to see if any of the applications created has Webhooks enabled.

1 Like

Hi @elisa.zoom

Sorry for the delay in replying.

We will check this in each individual account.

Best regards,
Hananwa

1 Like

Let us know if you need anything else in the future!
cheers,
Elisa