Access to the video stream through the Zoom bot

Hello,

I have a few questions about Zoom Bot:

1. Is it possible to process video using the Zoom Bot? Something like content analysis and overlaying it on the video stream, which will be displayed in the Zoom application.
  2. Is it possible to process the video stream so that the bot and the Zoom application can use the same video stream? For example, if we have one camera, we want to display the stream in the Zoom application and simultaneously send it to the Zoom bot, where it will be processed.

Alternatively, are there other ways to obtain a video stream from the same camera?

Thank you for your help :slight_smile:

Hey @ivan.kuziuk I’m happy to help!

1. Is it possible to process video using the Zoom Bot? Something like content analysis and overlaying it on the video stream, which will be displayed in the Zoom application.

It’s definitely possible to process video using a Zoom bot. The Zoom bot itself only provides the functionality to access the call video however, so you’ll need to write some code to do the post-processing yourself.

In terms of displaying the processed video, your Zoom bot could output the video through it’s webcam or screen-share, which would be the most effective way of displaying this video to other members of the Zoom call.

1. Is it possible to process the video stream so that the bot and the Zoom application can use the same video stream? For example, if we have one camera, we want to display the stream in the Zoom application and simultaneously send it to the Zoom bot, where it will be processed.

This is definitely possible. If you have one camera connected to your computer, you can use that camera as your video stream in a Zoom call and it will be displayed in the Zoom client of everyone else in the meeting.

If the bot is also in the meeting, it will receive the video stream from your camera, and it will be able to process it.

Finally, as you’re building the Zoom bot, you might want to consider Recall.ai . It’s a simple 3rd party API that lets you use meeting bots to get raw audio/video from meetings without you needing to spend months to build, scale and maintain these bots.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Hej @amanda-recallai,

Thank you for the response, but I’m looking for a native solution without adding additional external libraries.

Is it possible to extract a video stream from the bot? Could you send me some examples or documentation for this? Because I didn’t find anything about it in Zoom Bot documentation

@ivan.kuziuk, totally get that!

Here is a Github repo Zoom put together to show you how to get raw video data: GitHub - zoom/meetingsdk-linux-raw-recording-sample

If at some point you want to revisit adding an external library like Recall.ai, we also worked with Zoom to create the meeting bot starter kit:

Here is a short API demo of how to extract a video stream from the bot as well (2 min): Zoom bot video recording demo