Access tokens when an account associated with a pro account

Hi there. When a standalone account is added to a pro Zoom account, it appears the access tokens for the standalone account are invalidated. This makes sense, but I don’t see it documented anywhere and I don’t see any way for us to detect when it happens or how we should handle it. I would expect to receive the deauthorized webhook, but as far as I can tell, that isn’t sent. Please let me know how to best handle this situation. Thanks!

Hey @mattpegler,

When you say access tokens for the standalone account are invalidated, are you saying an account level or user level OAuth app installed on the standalone account no longer work/needs to be reauthorized?

Thanks,
Tommy

Yes. From what we saw, the tokens for the account level app on the standalone account no longer work after the user account was associated with a different pro account.

Hey @mattpegler,

That is intended functionality, because the new account would need to approve and authorize the app.

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks, it makes sense. But shouldn’t we receive a deauthorized webhook?

Hey @mattpegler,

It’s defiantly an edge case and there should be some kind of webhook for this. I will bring this up to our team.

But the app wasn’t actually uninstalled so the deauth webhook won’t send.

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy,

I notice that my account-level oauth app has an access token which is tied to a particular user (the user who installed).

From reading the above scenario, it would appear that if this user were to be removed either by deletion or transfer to another account, the access token my app uses would cease to function and I would not be alerted via the deauthorization callback or any other means.

For other zoom marketplace admins on the account, what state would show in the Zoom Marketplace “Installed” or “Uninstalled”?

How would other marketplace users on the account know that loss of the original installation user is the reason the app is now failing to make API requests?

Is the suggested fix to have another user uninstall and re-install the app?

I’m looking for general guidelines on what to do in this situation so that I can have my support staff help users resolve their issues.

Hello, I’m still looking for a response to my question. I need to let my support staff know how to respond to our customers.

Hey @recordedspeed,

It would show uninstalled, let me confirm.

Let me get a guide created for this scenario. (ZOOM-157809)

Yes, have another user install the app. No need to un install, just install it again.

We will add a flow for this after our feature freeze.

Thanks,
Tommy