Unable to install this app without the developer's account

Description
I’m testing OAuth for a Marketplace app that is not yet public. I understand I can only test this within our account until it is published, but I’m logging in with my account which is associated with our app. I’m using the development Client ID and getting the error message below that I can only authorize with the developer’s account. We have a licensed account, I’m an admin and I created the Marketplace app so I’m not sure what I’m missing and why I’m getting that error.

Error
Unable to install this app without the developer’s account. Please contact the app developer to install.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
OAuth.

Which Endpoint/s?
https://zoom.us/oauth/authorize

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

Screenshots (If applicable)

Additional context

Hey @mwegner,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. I’m not seeing a reason why this would happen with your development credentials so far.

Also, I noticed that the production version seems to be installed. Is this only happening with the development credentials?

Do you mind if I attempt to install the app on your account in order to reproduce the issue?

Thanks,
Max

Thanks for the reply Max, please feel free to try to install on my account if that helps with troubleshooting.

Just to be sure I understand the terminology since it’s a little awkward for our purposes, if I successfully make a call against Error - Zoom to get an access token and the user grants access, that is what is considered “installed”. Another call against https://zoom.us/oauth/revoke to remove access would then be “uninstalled”.

For context, we originally tinkered with this app well over a year ago and decided under the circumstances at that time to develop using the JWT authentication. Members of the marketplace team reached out to us to advise we change to OAuth which is why we’re revisiting this app. I wouldn’t expect to see anything installed with the production version, but that could be a remnant of some of that older original app testing. In our recent work, I’ve only been attempting to generate an access token using the development credentials.

Thanks again for your help with this.

Hey @mwegner,

I was able to reproduce your issue and also noticed that I’m not able to see the app in the Created Apps section as well. I’ve since reached out to our engineering team to get this fixed.

I’ll let you know what I hear. (ZOOM-295932)

Thanks,
Max

Thanks for the update Max, just keep us posted on what they find.

Hey @mwegner,

Will do! No news just yet but I’ve reached out for an update.

Thanks,
Max

HI @MaxM,

We are experiencing this issue as well, was working fine until we updated the scope to include Chat Messages: write, and are now getting the same issue:

I have removed the added scope and am still getting the same message. Unfortunate timing as we were preparing to submit the integration for approval today.

Was there any resolution to this? Please feel free to do any testing required with the account if that helps to reproduce.

We are also using Oauth, and get this message when clicking “Test the app Locally” and when going through the flow on our website, which was previously working.

Thanks,
–Justin

Hey @mwegner,

Thank you for your patience. Our team indicated that your user was transferred to this account but the app was not. Please confirm that you would like the app transferred to the account in question and I’ll have that done.

@GameApart Have you transferred your user between accounts recently?

Thanks,
Max

Hi @MaxM yes we moved this account under another account, however we then removed it to be standalone and still ran into the issue. Good to know that this action was the cause of the issue.

To workaround this, we created another app and have updated our application to refer to it, no need to move our account around.

Thank for the quick response!

Thanks Max, this account goes back long enough that my recollection of the timeline is a little hazy. I believe I did start with an individual account that was at one point rolled into our main company account. Am I understanding correctly that I must have created the app prior to that, and even though I see the app, there is some kind of internal reference still pointing to the original that is causing the issue? I can’t see any reason we would want the app to remain where it is, or how I would even reference it in that original context, so if there is a transfer that needs to take place that will resolve the authentication then please make the update for us. Thanks to you and the engineering them for helping us get to the bottom of this.

• Mike

Hey @mwegner,

Understood, I’ll have our team transfer the app.

It’s our pleasure! I’m glad that we’re able to help out.

Thanks,
Max

Thanks Max, please let us know when the transfer has been made so we can resume work on the app.

Hey @mwegner,

Thanks for your patience, our team has since transferred the app. Please confirm that everything is working as expected on your end.

Thanks,
Max

Thanks Max, I made it past the authentication page and was able to exchange the authorization code for an access token and refresh token so I think we’re back on track now.

Mike

Awesome! I’m glad to hear that helped. I’ll go ahead and close this topic now but feel free to open a new topic if you encounter any further issues or questions.

Max