Deauthorization Account Level App - Impact on Subaccounts

Description
When an account level app Zoom owner deauthorizes our installed app, we notice that it doesn’t actually uninstall the app from the other Zoom admin role users attached to the account. Specifically, the UI doesn’t indicate the app is installed on the other Zoom admin role users attached to the Zoom account.

When an account level Zoom app has a customer where the zoom owner who originally installed the app leaves and thereto uninstalls said app, how does that zoom account reauthorize the app.

Currently, the UX we see is:

Zoom owner goes to app they wish to deauthorize and click on ‘uninstall’. We receive the webhook and respond appropriately. Other Zoom admin role users log into their own Zoom accounts and notice the app continues to show as installed, but infact when the zoom owner uninstalled their tokens were revoked as well, but he UI shows otherwise.

Do these other Zoom admin role users need to ‘uninstall’ the app and then re-install the app? When the original Zoom owner uninstalled the app, do we follow their response to the data retention overlay as the guide on what to do with the data even if the new zoom owner reauthorizes the same app within the same day?

To be clear this is the same query, but with more clarifying questions as this one, which is closed for reply:

You can see the app was uninstalled by the non zoom owner on 2/2. It then shows the zoom owner uinstalled the app on 2/5. Finally, it shows another zoom admin, non zoom owner, uninstalled the app on 2/5, but after the zoom owner uninstalled it on 2/5. You’ll notice the time stamp issues. (This isn’t our bug, but for you and your team, there seems to be a timezone mismatch).

You’ll also notice this snip, which highlights who the current subscribers are to this app, which has already been uninstalled by the original zoom owner.

So from the current UX, it appears every Zoom admin, because it’s an account level app, will need to uninstall the app prior to being able to reauthorize the app on this account. Is this correct?

As the app maintains being installed on the account, there is no other way to reauthorize the app until the app is fully removed at the account level. Upon receiving an event from Zoom around a Zoom owner deauthorization, shouldn’t we be able to uninstall the app from every current subscriber because it’s an account level app?

Thanks - Michael

Hey @mike12,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. I appreciate the detailed information regarding the issue.

That is strange, I’ll test this out on my end. I’m thinking that you’re right in that this could be related to the timezone. Do you know what timezones the users are in?

I don’t think this is the expected behavior. I’ll test this and confirm with an internal resource. I’ll try to get back to you later today or early tomorrow.

Thanks,
Max

Thanks Max for the reply. We are in Pacific Time Zone.

I think I may have figured out the UX discrepancy when unisntalling the app: it seems that maybe the UX is slightly different for production apps that are not published. Do you believe that for an app that is production, but not published, the UX should be:

#1. Zoom owner unisntalls app
#2. All current Zoom subscribers to that app should no longer see that Zoom app as installed for any Zoom user?
#3. Any remaining Zoom admin role user should be able to re-install app?

If the above sounds like the expected UX, this is not the case for us and based upon the linked and closed case within, it sounds like that customer was likely seeing the same UX as us.

Hey @mike12,

Thank you for the update. I think you’re exactly right in that this is related to the app being unpublished. After testing this, it looks like expected behavior in order to allow multiple developers to test an app simultaneously.

Are you saying that you aren’t able to use the OAuth app after the app owner uninstalls it? I didn’t see this was the case in my testing.

Thanks,
Max

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.