Account/Sub-Accounts/Users mapping for existing solution

Hi,
I am trying to make up my mind on how to integrate zoom in our existing solution (API/mobile/SPA). I want to develop a JWT App and control everything from our existing API servers. Our entities are:

Brands / Stores / Users (managers, employees)

We can have several managers and employees working in a store. Each store is a separate entity, we don’t want users to mix. Managers will use our existing App to call our APIs and setup meetings. It’s ok for employees to join meetings via links/meetingId without having a user.

1. What’s the best way to model this in Zoom? Not sure about the ways to use accounts, sub-accounts, users. Are those concepts detailed anywhere? Is there any best practice example on how to use them?

2. Can I create/import users from our DB to Zoom? Where should users be placed?

3. And what about licenses? I suppose managers will require a pro/business license. How do I assign licenses to managers? Can we as a company buy licenses and assign them to managers (in zoom) without them having to buy licenses directly?

Thanks!

Hey @bragma,

Here is an article on the Zoom Account structure:

Sounds like you would want one Master Account > Then Sub Accounts for each store > Then users that belong to the store / Sub Account.

You can use the Create User API, or upload CSV to add users to each respective sub account.

If you want your users or selective users (mangers) to have meetings over 40 minutes or other paid features you can assign the respective license on user creation in step 2.

Since they are users on your Zoom account, they will not need to buy the licenses themselves, you can do that for them.

Let me know if you have additional questions or if I missed something! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

A user may not be registered in both master and sub. AND if they are already registered in master and an attempt to register in sub is done, they will be asked on activation if they wish to switch. I believe that is correct?

Now my real question is: if you have 2 different master accounts will registering a user of the same email cause the same situation? The answer should be no - right?

Hey @Claude,

Correct.

I believe it is the same flow, you can confirm with the support team:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360028938451-Adding-Existing-Licensed-Users-to-a-Business-Account

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy, I do have a similar set of question, i do have some users under a master account and sub accounts, i am writing a logic based on sub accounts, and for my application users are part of multiple brands, then in this scenario can a user can be part of mutliple sub accounts?? and also is there a way to get the list master account users using sub account id??(currently when i click the list of users based on account id, i am getting users related to that sub account. then what about master account users??

Hey @kirankumar,

Only one user (email) can be apart of one Zoom account at a time.

To get users on a master account, you can use the master account API:

Thanks,
Tommy