How to create multiple meetings at the same time using 1 account

Hello Im Yusuke. Sorry for my bad English cuz I’m not English-native speaker.

Here is the description.

My company is creating new App.

We can buy-and-sell cars on that app, and we already integrated ZOOM SDK into it.

So now we(as a salesperson) can talk with customer who wants to buy-or-sell his car.

We are going to spread our new App into the car Industry in Japan.

So we need to have multiple meeting at the same time.

I know that we need 10 zoom accounts if we host 10 zoom meetings at the same time.

But thats not what we want to do. It’s so annoying if we have to create zoom accounts every time we spread this app into other company.

are there any solutions or recommendations for this problem?

In my opinion, every time he wants to have a meeting, making zoom sub account via zoom api(…like this. https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/accounts/accountcreate) and creating room via zoom api(https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/meetings/meetingcreate)

How do you think about this? Is it viable?

Hey @yusuke09072011,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. While you could accomplish the same with a Master Account, it really depends on how many new users you have. If you need to automate the account/user creation then getting an ISV account, which enables a Master Account and Sub Account structure, is the best bet.

Otherwise, it is likely easiest to use our Create a User API in order to create new users for your system.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

@MaxM Thanks for reply.
I mostly understand. But Im still confused.

We have one Pro Zoom Account.

And this website saying that “you can have 5~9 licenses under your Pro Zoom Account”
(sorry for Japanese website)

1.What is a license? What for?

2.Does it mean you can create only 9 Users under 1 Pro Zoom Account?

3.“Create users API” says that it has 30 req. / second limit. But , under Pro Zoom Account, we can create only 9 users per 1 license?

Sorry for my poor English .
Best Regards.

Hey @yusuke09072011,

First, no need to apologize for your English! It’s great, I know native speakers that are worse. Not to mention, your English is much better than my Japanese (I don’t know any).

A license will allow a user to use the features of that license. For instance,

Basic Users
A basic user is a user without a paid license. Basic users can be on Basic (free) plans, as well as paid plans such as Pro or Business.

A basic user on a Basic plan can host meetings with up to 100 participants. A basic user on a paid account inherits the account’s default meeting capacity, such as a Business account’s default meeting capacity of 300.

If 3 or more participants join, the meeting will time out after 40 minutes. They cannot utilize user and account add-ons such as large meeting, webinar, or conference room connector.

Licensed

A licensed user is a paid account user who can host unlimited meetings on the public cloud. By default, they can host meetings with up to 100 participants and large meeting licenses are available for additional capacity. Licensed users have these additional features available:

We have more information on this here:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201363173-Account-types

Let’s say you have a Pro plan with 10 licenses. As you indicated, 1 will go to the owner which means that you have 9 pro licenses to provide to users. While you can create many users, only 9 of those can have a Pro license.

Related to the previous point, this is because you can create many users but are only able to assign licenses to 9 of those users at one time.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

Thanks for the reply @MaxM ,

I perfectly understand about the difference between Licensed-users and Non-Licensed-users.

So this will be my last question.

As you mentioned , on our licensed account (and if we have 10 licenses) , we can create many users , but only 9 of those can have a Pro license.

1.We can create many no-licensed-users by zoom api, is that correct?

2.And then, we want them to have their meeting respectively at the same time, is it possible?

3.For instance, we create 3 non-licensed-users (userA , userB , userC) and what we wanna do is that…

userA hosts meeting with his friend D.
userB hosts meeting with his friend E.
userC hosts meeting with his friend F.
At the same time! is it possible too?

Best regards.

Hey @yusuke09072011,

I’m glad that was helpful!

To answer your question, Yes! As long as the meetings are hosted by different users, they can run simultanesouly.

Thanks,
Max

1 Like

@MaxM
My problems are solved!!
Thanks so much!

1 Like

I’m glad I could help! :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ll go ahead and close this topic now but feel free to open a new topic if you encounter any further issues or questions.

Max