Add meeting registrant API

Description/Error
When I use add meeting registrant API, if the Host is a Basic user then it returns an error: Only available for paid user. My App is using a paid account with 4 pro users and some basic users.

Is this supposed to be like that? Seems like that is unusual behavior since to use the api your App has to be authorized by a paid account.

Eric

Hey @emoore,

To confirm what you are saying, A Basic (free) user has installed your app, and when they are adding a meeting Registrant, it returns the error: “Only available for paid user.”

If so this is the intended functionality. From our support docs:

“Host user type must be Pro”

Are API can be used by free users, but for endpoints that control Paid Features like Cloud Recording, and Registration they will throw the “Only available for paid user.” error.

Thanks,
Tommy

I have a paid Zoom account. My Zoom account has 4 pro users and a few basic users.

I built an App. I authorized the App to use my Zoom account. My App schedules meetings. When my App schedules a meeting with a basic user as the Host, my App receives the “only for paid users” error when it calls the add registrant API endpoint.

Why does this happen when I am using a paid Zoom account?

Eric

Hey @emoore,

The reason this happens is because the user you are scheduling for as the host is a free basic user.

Prerequisites for Registration

• Host user type must be Pro
  • The meeting you are enabling registration for cannot use your PMI

Thanks,
Tommy