Add panelist to webinar in training mode

Hi
Is it possible to join a panelist when the webinar is still in training mode? It is useful to be able to check a checklist.
I can only join when the webinar has started.
I have already added the panelist’s name and email to the webinar. I do the Join with role 0 but appears as attendee.
I know it is possible to do with the app.

I’m using SDK 1.8.6

Thanks

Hey @eventos.gestao,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. I tested this on my end and confirmed that the Web SDK cannot be used for Webinar Practice Sessions. As you mentioned, practice sessions should be done through the Zoom Client.

If you would like this feature to be considered for a future release, I recommend posting in the #feature-requests category.

Thanks,
Max

Hi
When enter as a host (rolw=1) to start the webinar, in SDK, it appears in training mode.
Look:

The idea was to be able to let a participant in, with a specific role, or maybe with the email defined in the webinar as a panelist, enter the webinar in training mode.
Is there a way?

Thanks

Hey @eventos.gestao ,

Panelists should be able to join in training mode. :slight_smile:

You can read more about Webinar Practice mode here:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi
In SDK? I am using the SDK.

Thanks

Hey @eventos.gestao ,

Yes! Checkout this post:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi
In that post it seems to me that the resolution of a problem remained open.
But i follow those steps.

1. Add a webinar panelist on zoom dashboard
  2. Pass panelist email as userEmail and role=0 on joining the webinar in SDK

The only way I can get it to work is if I promote a user to a panelist from within a webinar, but not in training mode. Only when the webinar already started.

Thanks

Hey @eventos.gestao ,

Gotcha, thanks for trying! Can you please share what the error is in the browser console logs?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi again @tommy
I went back to test to see what the error was.
This is the error:
{…}
​errorCode: 3008
​errorMessage: “Reunião ainda não começou” //Translation: Meeting has not yet started
​method: “join”
​result: “Aguarde. O webinar começará em breve.” //Translation: Wait. The webinar will begin shortly.
​status: false
​: Object { … }

The webinar I used is 97917217612.
Are the logs enough?

Thanks again for your help.

Hey @eventos.gestao ,

Thanks for sharing this! :slight_smile:

Make sure the meeting / webinar has started.

-Tommy

Hi Tommy
The purpose of this topic is for the panelist to be able to enter the webinar while it is still in the practice mode. It is useful for host and panelist to check a checklist, before the webinar starts.
That is what I have been saying since the beginning.
It’s possible?
Thanks

Hey @eventos.gestao,

Thank you for your patience. When I tested this on 1.8.6, I saw the same issue as you. Since we’re a little confused as to if this is expected or not, I’ll reach out to our engineering team.

Before I do, I just want to make sure we have our based covered. Have you tested this with v1.9.0? Let me know if you see the issue is resolved with the latest version.

Thanks,
Max

Hi MaxM
I was using SDK 1.8.6. I upgraded to 1.9.0 and the same situation happens.
I used the webinar 92276246344

Here is the error;
{…}
​errorCode: 3008
​errorMessage: “Reunião ainda não começou” //Translation: Meeting has not yet started
​method: “join”
​result: “Aguarde. O webinar começará em breve.” //Translation: Wait. The webinar will begin shortly.
​status: false
​< prototype >: Object { … }

Thanks for your help.

Hey @eventos.gestao,

Thank you for testing that! I’ve reached out to our engineering team for clarification on if this is a bug or it should be a feature request. I’ll keep you updated here. (CS-3016)

Thanks,
Max

Hi MasM
Thanks for you help.

Hey @eventos.gestao,

I’m happy to help! I’ll keep you posted.

Thanks,
Max

hello @MaxM I am facing the same issue with version 1.9.0, please let us know when you have an answer

Hey @Houssam.zoom3,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. I don’t have an update for you just yet but I’ve reached out to our engineering team again to see if they are able to provide any insight into the issue I’ve submitted with them.

I’ll be sure to update you when I have more information.

Thanks,
Max

Hi
Any news on this topic?
Thanks

Hey @eventos.gestao,

Thank you for your patience. Right now, I can see that this issue is in our backlog because we are waiting to push a new feature that would allow this to be implemented. This is something that we definitely plan on adding but I don’t have an ETA as to when it will be available just yet.

In the meantime, please subscribe to our changelog in order to stay up-to-date with the latest features and fixes.

Thanks,
Max