Join webinar as panelis: ERROR: Not Allow to start webinar 3609

I configured a webinar with panelists.
Panelist name: Mario Vicidomini
Panelist email: mario.vicidomini@digivents.com

I generate the signature with role 1, is that correct?
I set userName and userEmail, but I get error 3609: not allow to start webinar.

Host end attendees are correctly inside the meeting .

What does this error depend on? I use version 1.8 as SDK

Attachments

we are waiting … there are no solutions?

Hi @angelo.galietta,

Happy to help debug! First, you’re correct in that you should be using role 1 to start a webinar via the Web SDK.

Can you confirm that the user you’re testing with is on the same account as your API Key? Your Web SDK app will only be able to host meetings for users on your account. Let me know if that’s not the case!

Thanks,
Will

Hi Will, thanks for your answer.

I have created a webinar,

• Host is the owner of the zoom account, with active license and webinars. The host accesses the SDK with role 1, and correctly starts the webinar.

• Attendees are not configured on the zoom platform and participate in the webinar with role 0.

• Panelist: I configure them in the webinar: e.s. mario@mail.com (NO Zoom user). When I try to access the webinar from SDK with role 1 and userEmail: “mario@mail.com”, I get the error: “Not allow to start webinar”. If I access through the link generated by the configuration there are no problems.
    The Webinar is already started, and the host user is already inside the webinar.

Hi @angelo.galietta,

Thanks for clarifying, and my apologies for missing that this was a panelist—panelists will need to join with the value 0 for joining. Panelists are not able to start a meeting.

Can you please change the role for your panelist and let me know if you’re still seeing any issues?

Thanks!
Will

I tried to configure the panelists with role 0 (like the attendees). In this way they access as spectators and not as panelists. Only after they have entered I can make them become panelists from the user panel.

If I log in with a userEmail configured as a panelist, I expect to be able to actively participate in the WEBINAR.

How is this possible?

Hey @angelo.galietta,

Thanks for the additional details. We were able to reproduce this issue and are looking into the root cause. (CS-2344)

I will update you with what we find.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @angelo.galietta,

This will be fixed in a release currently slated for late October. Until then, you can promote the attendee to be a panelist, or use the Zoom App to join the webinar as a panelist.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @angelo.galietta,

This feature release has been pushed back to November. I will keep you updated on any other chanes.

Thanks,
Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hey @angelo.galietta,

Just letting you know we are going to fix this in the 1.9.0 Web SDK release which is currently slated for January.

I will let you know if anything else changes.

Thanks,
Tommy