Adding New Whitelist URL

Description
When an access token expires in the middle of an end user’s session, they need to re authorize. Rather than go to a settings page and re authorize from there, the user should be able to re authorize from where they are.

If I understand correctly, so that the end user does not lose their place in their work, they would need a new whitelisted redirect URL so that they can come back to wherever they were.

If our app is already published, can we add new URLs without taking down and re-submitting the integration? Does it have to be resubmitted for the whole approval process again?

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
OAuth

Which Endpoint/s?
Create Meeting

Hey @demo2Thalamus,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum.

If I understand correctly, so that the end user does not lose their place in their work, they would need a new whitelisted redirect URL so that they can come back to wherever they were.

Good question! In this instance, the best option would be to make use of the state parameter to pass values to your application via the redirect_uri when the authorization is complete. In this fashion, you can let your application know what state it was in before the authorization took place.

If our app is already published, can we add new URLs without taking down and re-submitting the integration? Does it have to be resubmitted for the whole approval process again?

If you used the method above, you wouldn’t need to whitelist any additional URLs. Instead, you would just want to make sure that your application can get/set the state parameter when the authorize endpoint is called. If you did need to whitelist a new URL, you would need to update the app but you wouldn’t have to go through the entire approval process again.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.