Adding report scope in multi user app with user managed app

Hi. I’m trying to develop an integration that will let our client easily view a webinar report. Our app have 3 user role, that why I use user managed app as our user managed their own meeting(all user) and webinar (admin and instructor only). The question is how could I add report scope in my app, since I can’t find any report scope??

Hey @bettymegawati42,

Thank you for your question. What type of app are you work with? It it a JWT or OAuth app? For OAuth apps, you can navigate to your Created Apps pge, select the app and click “Scopes” on the left-hand side.

Clicking the “Add Scopes” button will bring present the dialog to choose the scopes that you want. If you scroll down on the left hand side of the dialog, you can select the Reports group and choose the scopes that you want.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

It’s oauth app and user managed, not account level, since our users handle their own meeting and webinar

Hey @bettymegawati42,

Thank you for the update. That’s a good point. Due to the fact that the Get Meeting Reports API requires admin privileges, you will need to use an account-level app in order to call that endpoint.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

Hello @MaxM

So is that mean I can’t use the report API?? *just to confirm
Thank,

Regards
Betty

Hey @bettymegawati42,

Thank you for your question. To be clear, you can use the Report API if the app that you’re using to authenticate your requests has an Admin scope. Only an account-level app has access to Admin level scopes which means that you would want to create an account-level app to use this endpoint.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.