OAuth Reports API scope issue

Description
The /report/meetings/{meetingId}/participants API endpoint requires scope: report:read:admin. However, this scope is not selectable within OAuth API App Scopes.

How do we use the Reports API if we can’t select the scope?

Hi @edu_dev4 to select Admin level scopes, your OAuth will need to be Account-level. The app you have created is likely User-managed.

Thank you Michael. We did go with the User-Level app. I am hoping there will be some way around this in the future, as we want to use the reporting features, but do not want all users in our organization to be Admin-Level users. That introduces massive security vulnerabilities.

As an example, say we have 300 teachers in our district who run 7-10 meetings per day. We want these teachers to be able to look at advanced meeting report stats within our UI, but do not want them to be able to have admin access to our entire district Zoom organization. In particular, we don’t want them being able to invite, remove, or view any information about other users in the organization.

The simplest solution would be to allow the authenticated user to access their own reports, with a /me/ indicator. This has precedent in others areas of the API.

/report/meetings/me/{meetingId}/participants

We are adding this idea to the growing list of ideas for Zoom product improvement!

Hey @edu_dev4,

Thanks for your suggestions, I agree we should offer users access to their own reports via the API. Feel free to submit this as a feature request here: #feature-requests

In the meantime, you can use the Get Past Meeting Participants endpoint with a user level OAuth app to see who participated in the meeting.

-Tommy