No user level scope for their own reports?

Description
I’m making an internal user level app to help with managing meeting polls. Polls are readily created, retrieved, posted to other meetings, working great. However, from my reading of the API docs, the ability to get poll results (reports) is oddly restricted to account level apps, even though users can run these reports on their own.

Error
User apps which try to get reports for a user get an invalid scope, requires report:read:admin, but this is not an available scope for users.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
User level OAuth

Which Endpoint/s?
https://api.zoom.us/v2/report/meetings/{meetingId}/polls

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Attempt a report/meetings/polls GET for an authorized user, receive scope error with no way to grant scope.

Additional context
This is a routine/allowed individual user behavior that’s being cast as an account level scope.

Hi @bgowan,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

Our Reports endpoints reflect the reports functionality of the Zoom UI, which require you to be an admin on an account to utilize. Similarly, the Reports endpoints for our API require the Admin scope.

If you’re using these reports internally, you might consider authenticating your request using JWT, which authenticates at the account level and doesn’t require scopes.

I hope this helps to clarify,
Will

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.