Adding the 1st dial in number for 3 countries - one tap mobile, and dial by location

Hi all,

1st post from me, as I was recommended to post in this channel by Zoom support.

I’m not a strong scripter, although I can understand/write simple scripts. I’m trying to edit the ‘meeting schedule email’ template under branding settings, and I can’t quite get it to do what I want. Using the 2 links below, but I can’t quite manage to merge multiple examples of script together to get the desired result.
Links:

The result I’m looking for is to have includes the first number (or a specific number) for each of 3 countries - from the list of countries already selected in my account:
is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Join Zoom Meeting
-Zoom link to meeting displays here-

Meeting ID: -meeting ID-
Passcode: -passcode-
One tap mobile
+442080806592,meeting ID#,*passcode# United Kingdom
+16465588656,meeting ID#,*passcode# United States
+496971049922,meeting ID#,*passcode# Germany

Dial by your location
+44 208 080 6592 United Kingdom
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+49 69 7104 9922 Germany
Meeting ID: -meeting ID-
Passcode: -passcode-
-Link to other dial in numbers-

Any advice anyone can give would be really helpful.

Thanks
Andy

Hey @ZoomZoom1,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. This is a great question! Are you able to provide the template that you are using as well as an example of what the output of that template is? I’ll help you to create a working template from there.

Thanks,
Max

Thanks Max,

The template I’m editing is specifically the ‘Meeting Schedule Email’ template.

Then I’ve tried to use examples from here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115004407303-Customizing-global-dial-in-countries-in-meeting-email-templates

To try and do what I want.

Initially I tried to understand the syntax for the following:

image001.png[51].png

Hey @ZoomZoom1,

Thank you for the update. Looking at the template documentation that you referenced, there is a section that provides a template example that seems to cover what you’re after.

Does that seem to match what you’re after and have you tried implementing that example? If so, did you encounter any issues?

Thanks,
Max

Hi Max,

I tried that example and it displays 3 numbers for each of the 3 countries - so 9 numbers in total.

I also had a go at trying to change the syntax to just show 1 number per country but alas I wasn’t able to get it alright.

Thanks for your help

Cheers
Andy

Hey @ZoomZoom1,

Thank you for your testing that and getting back to me. Do you get the expected result if you only use the first statement of that example?

For instance my understanding is that the following would display only one number per country:

${pickedNumbers[0].countryName!'US'}: ${pickedNumbers[0].displayNumber?replace(' ','')?replace('(0)','')},,${number?c}# <#if pickedNumbers[0].free>(Toll-free)</#if>

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

Thanks Max,

I really appreciate your help with this.

That code shows just 1 number, the 1st number for the UK.

I’d like to show the first number for the UK, US and Germany (those are the 1st 3 countries already setup on our account).

Thanks

Andy

Hey @ZoomZoom1,

Sorry for not being too specific on the responses, I don’t have a way to test this on my end. I’m working on setting that up so that I can provide more specifics. If you add that line three times while incrementing the pickedNumbers[0] field does that provide the expected result?

Thanks,
Max

Thanks Max,

Yes that just about does the trick. I’ll need to spend some more time with that code to make it look how I want with the passcodes, and one tap mobile dial in, but the phone numbers work as I wanted them

Thanks for your help

Cheers

Andy

1 Like

Hey @ZoomZoom1,

I’m glad to hear that I was able to help! Let me know if you need any assistance formatting the passcodes as I have the tools to test this setup now.

On that same note, feel free to reach out if you encounter any other issues or questions!

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.