Invitation differs when creating it through the API

Description
When creating a meeting through the Admin interface (https://zoom.us/user/{user_id}/meeting/schedule) and specifying several global_dial_in_countries in this case US, CA, MX, and GB the invitation generated will specify the US as the one tap mobile option.

But when creating the meeting through the API (POST /v2/users/{userId}/meetings) with the following body:

{
  "topic": "My test",
  "start_time": "2021-03-11T19:00:00Z",
  "duration": 120,
  "timezone": "America/New_York",
  "password": 1234,
  "settings": {
    "host_video": "false",
    "participant_video": "false",
    "waiting_room": "true",
    "global_dial_in_countries": [
      "US", "CA", "MX", "GB"
    ]
  }
}

Error
The invitation generated will specify the CA as the one tap mobile option. We were expecting the same behavior as the one the we observed in the admin interface.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
JWT

Which Endpoint/s?
POST /v2/users/{userId}/meetings

@MaxM @will.zoom any ideas?

Hey @r3c,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. I was able to reproduce this behavior when testing on my end. I’ve reached out to our engineering team to see if they are able to provide more insight into the issue. (ZOOM-254972)

I’ll update you here when I have more information.

Thanks,
Max

1 Like

Hey @r3c,

Our engineering team has confirmed this behavior as a bug and will add support for the default global dial-in country in the future. In the meantime, the workaround is to set the default global dial-in country via the Zoom Web Portal.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.