After exiting the meeting, it is still in the participant list

Description
I have created a meeting using Api, which is intended for visitors to join the meeting。
The waiting room is enabled and my credentials can create a conference with 500 people。

Question
When I join a meeting using the Zoom API in guest mode, if I simply close the browser or navigate to another page, my online information remains in the participant list. This results in two users with the same name when I rejoin the meeting, but the other user’s online status is actually invalid. This state persists for about 1 to 2 minutes, causing significant inconvenience for me. For example, if I set up a meeting for 100 people, the participant list shows 100 people, but the actual number of online users is only 50 or even lower. This also prevents subsequent users from joining the meeting promptly.

Expect
When the user closes the browser zoom can immediately remove the visitor from the participant list

if the host closed the browser without clicking the “leave meeting” button and he don’t reenters, after 2 minutes a guest (the last entered ???) will be host

Maybe I didn’t express what I meant clearly

Nothing about the host because my host uses zak for authentication, and there are no unexpected things at present

At present, my problem is that when the user closes the browser, the user will not be removed from the meeting list directly. I don’t know if Zoom has a timeout period for link disconnection. Because of this, the data in the participant list cannot be updated in time.

At present, my problem is that when the user closes the browser, the user will not be removed from the meeting list directly.

this seems to be the intended behaviour

• zoom webversion on zoom.us
  • zoom meeting SDK
  • (zoom app - with kill task)

all behave the same

I don’t know if Zoom has a timeout period for link disconnection.

it’s about two minutes timeout for unexpected (= not pressing the leave meeting button) disconnection

if the user reconnection within the 2 minutes - he is listed twice (for a short time)

1 Like

It seems that this is an inevitable situation. So, when the maximum number of participants for a meeting is 100, the meeting list is also exactly 100. However, in actual meetings, there may be only 50 or even fewer valid users. This will affect the expected behavior of the meeting’s participant count, and new users who join must wait for the “disconnection timeout” to expire and for Zoom to remove invalid user links from the participant list before they can join the meeting normally.

We are facing the Similar issue but in our case we have only 1 host and 1 Guest,
But when we check the participant list from the API or from dashboard it always how 1 Host and 2 Guest, and both guest have same names, 1st leave time in around 1 minutes or less.
Meeting SDK version 2.10.1
Angular 14 Component view

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.