I am integrating a simple zoom app into a web page, which I want to load into another page via a same-origin iframe, to avoid conflicts with various dependencies of zoom (lodash and jquery) in the “parent page”
- On all modern browsers tested (chrome, safari, chromium/brave, firefox) camera and microphone are rejected in same-origin iframe.
- “Your browser doesn’t support using computer’s Audio device, please upgrade your browser to the latest version.”
- “Cannot detect your camera, please check the device and connection and try again.”
- Loading the same html page in its own tab works flawlessly
Tested both: 1.7.9 (CDN version) and ^1.8.0 (npm installed module)
Simply clone the Zoom web SDK example app and run it. Use the “join iframe” button on any modern browser.
My actual app loads zoom via the CDN method in a plain html file, then uses some basic js lifted from example app to join straightaway. But that isn’t really important, you can reproduce this bug simply by running the Zoom example app.
I can only upload one file because I’m a new user, so ill copy-paste console text from sample app:
- Zoom support you browser. Chrome/84.0.4147.135
- You browser support below features