Android - How to disable Picture in Picture mode

Description

Hello

I have updated the Android SDK to latest 5.13.1.11014 and seeing minimize / PIP mode icon on top left. When this is pressed the meeting is shown in Picture in Picture Mode. This is not there in earlier version of SDK. I am not finding related doc on how to disabled this. Please share the code needed to disable this icon.

Note: This icon is not visible if we manually disable the PIP mode of the app by going into device settings.

Which Android Meeting SDK version?
Android SDK: 5.13.1.11014

To Reproduce(If applicable)

1. Start the meeting and click on top left back arrow icon. You can see the meeting minimised.

Screenshots

Smartphone (please complete the following information):
All the devices that supports PIP mode.

Thank you
Regards
Ravi

Hello Team

Pls help me resolving this issue.

Regards
Ravi

Hello @ravi8x ,

Thank you for posting on our developer forum.
It seems like you’ve set enableMinimizeMeeting to true. Are you using the customized user interface in your App and set true for minimizing meetings? Since we didn’t enable this function in our sample App.
Thank you!

Elaine

Hi @elaine.ku

Thanks for your response.

• We are using Default UI only
  • Currenlty I haven’t set enableMinimizeMeeting flag. When this flag is False, PIP icon is shown. If this flag is True, PIP icon is gone but Minimize Meeting option is shown in Settings.

We want to disable the minimize meeting completely (from PIP mode or enableMinimizeMeeting)

Regards
Ravi

Hello @ravi8x ,

I’m not able to reproduce your issue using our sample App. Our sample App is also using the default Zoom UI. Would you please test using our sample App and see whether the issue happens?
You can also check whether you’ve added the support pip mode in the manifest file or set up minimize meeting when clicking on the back button.
Thank you

Elaine

Hello @elaine.ku

I have tested the sample project and can see the Minimize Icon or Minimize meeting option when the enableMinimizeMeeting enabled or disabled.

InitAuthSDKActivity.java - Line # 143
ZoomSDK.getInstance().getZoomUIService().enableMinimizeMeeting(true / false);

This is when enableMinimizeMeeting is true

This is when enableMinimizeMeeting is false

Is there a way to disable these two options all together?

Regards
Ravi

Hi @elaine.ku

Were you able to look into my reply?

Regards
Ravi

Hello @ravi8x ,

Sorry for the late reply. It might be a bug and I’ll need to check with the one who’s in charge of this feature. He’s currently on leave and I’ll let you know the update once I got the feedback.

Best,
Elaine

Hi @ravi8x ,

We’ll add a new function to disable PIP mode in version 5.13.10 which is planned to be released at the end of Feb.
Thank you

Elaine

We will use older SDK meanwhile.

Thanks @elaine.ku

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.