Android sdk v5.2.4 - initialized call stuck the thread

Description
I’m calling this method [version 5.2.4]:

public void initialize(android.content.Context context, ZoomSDKInitializeListener listener, ZoomSDKInitParams params)

and the thread is stuck, also not receiving results on listener.
when I’m downgrade the sdk version to 5.2.0 its working

Which version?

Hi @ofri, thanks for the post.

Can you provide a code snippet showing where this issue is happening? Also, are you able to reproduce this in our sample app?

Thanks!

reactContext.getCurrentActivity().runOnUiThread(new Runnable() {
@Override
public void run() {
ZoomSDK zoomSDK = ZoomSDK.getInstance();
ZoomSDKInitParams initParams = new ZoomSDKInitParams();
initParams.appKey = params.getString(“clientKey”);
initParams.appSecret = params.getString(“clientSecret”);
initParams.domain = params.getString(“domain”);
zoomSDK.initialize(reactContext.getCurrentActivity(), RNZoomUsModule.this, initParams);
Log.i(TAG, “after zoom initialize”); // this line is not printed, neither I get result in the listener method
}
});

its a react-native app.
same code works for version 5.0 (one bellow latest)

Hi @ofri, thanks for the additional info.

Unfortunately, we do not support react native with our SDK. For that reason, we will not be able to assist you with any issues you encounter in your app unless you are able to reproduce them in a regular native Android implementation.

Thanks!

it has nothing to do with react-native. it is totally native code here… its a very bad excuse.

Mentioning again that version 5.0 works with the same code.

Hi @ofri,

Since we do not support react native apps with the SDK, we cannot provide assistance with this issue unless you are able to reproduce this in our sample app or in your own native Android app.

Thanks!

can you explain why its working on version 5.0 and not on 5.2.4? or what are the limitations of react-native which cause this not to work?
thanks!

Hi @ofri,

I cannot explain specifically what is causing this because we do not support react native at any level. As a result, none of our SDK releases are tested with a react native integration.

We are aware that some customers prefer react native over native mobile development, but do not have any immediate plans to support it at the moment.

Thanks!