Android sdk video switch from 720P(15fps) to 360P(30fps) when 3rd participant joined

Description
android sdk video switch from 720P(15fps) to 360P(30fps) when 3rd participant joined.

it looks the DC only subscribe 360P video for android device when 720P enabled.

Which Android Meeting SDK version?

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Enable 1080P in user meeting setting
  2. Enable 720P in SDK
  3. Join a meeting, from my WIN PC, I can see 720P 15FPS video from maxhub
  4. another PC join, the android video switch to 360P 30FPS video from maxhub
  5. the 3rd PC left , maxhub video switch back to 720P 15FPS

Screenshots
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem.

Smartphone (please complete the following information):

• Device: [MaxHub]
  • CPU:2 A72 + 4 A53
  • RAM 4GB

Additional context

1. excluded network , since the same network, the other participant can be 1080P.
  2. if we disable 720P in SDK, the video would be keep 480P 15FPS without change when 3rd join.

Hi @aaronxu33,

I noticed you’re on an older version of the SDK. HD subscription rules have changed in recent versions, so can you please update to the latest version and let me know if you’re still seeing the same behavior?

Thanks!

Hi Jon, thanks for the reply.

Can I know current subscription rules that resulted the resolution change from 720P to 360P when 3rd joined?

Hi @aaronxu33,

The number of participants can have an impact on what resolution you can receive, but there are other factors such as network bandwidth which can also lower video resolution. Testing on the latest version of the SDK will help narrow it down.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.