Android Target SDK 34 not compatible with current Zoom Meeting SDK

Description
Using target sdk 34 in project will make the app crash, you can reproduce this in the sample app.
I get the following error:
One of RECEIVER_EXPORTED or RECEIVER_NOT_EXPORTED should be specified when a receiver isn’t being registered exclusively for system broadcasts.

In my app I also see these errors:

No implementation found for long com.zipow.videobox.ptapp.PTAppAPI4SDKSinkUI.nativeInit() (tried Java_com_zipow_videobox_ptapp_PTAppAPI4SDKSinkUI_nativeInit and Java_com_zipow_videobox_ptapp_PTAppAPI4SDKSinkUI_nativeInit__) - is the library loaded, e.g. System.loadLibrary?

No implementation found for void us.zoom.internal.jni.helper.ZoomMeetingSDKMemoryStorageHelper

Which Android Meeting SDK version?

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Go to sample project
  2. Change compile sdk to 34, sync, run, it runs ok,
  3. then change target sdk to 34, sync, run,
  4. The app crashes

Smartphone (please complete the following information):

• Device: [e.g. Pixel 7]
2 Likes

Hi @tech17 , thanks for sharing this. I will report this to our team!

Hi @tech17 ,

I received some clarification from our engineering team. We don’t support API 34 yet, which is why the compile & target SDK versions in the sample app are still 33. That crash will only happen when you explicitly target API 34. It’s due to a breaking change introduced in API 34 by Google.

Thanks, just sharing so this is in the radar since the Play Store eventually enforces apps to target a minimum API so it can be published. It will take some time to reach to sdk 34 but hopefully zoom sdk will be compatible with it soon in order to also take advantage of google libs updates.

1 Like

thanks so much, much appreciated!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.