Angular Integration with JS Web SDK

Hey everyone, checkout the official Zoom Angular Web SDK sample app:

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Hello @tommy I read the thread above, but I am getting this error, on trying to follow the sample angular app. It shows up a black screen on the route and also shows this error at the browser console.

Hey @inclusify,

Do you have the following object included in your angular.json file?

This object bundles the required web sdk files.

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy
Thanks.It worked using your solution

1 Like

Happy to hear! :slight_smile:

-Tommy

None of the options would work for iframe since its not same origin, or am I missing something?

Hi,
My application is build in AngularJS and it is integrated with zoom. The integration worked well till yesterday but now I just get black screen. Is there any change with the API or any patch that might be causing such issue. Please advice

Thanks

Hey @vidyapreps, @WebWorker,

We are working to get the Zoom Web Client and Zoom Web SDK back online. Please keep up with our status page for detailed updates: status.zoom.us

The best workaround is to use the Zoom Desktop / Mobile app.

Just include the Zoom meeting join url (https://zoom.us/j/meetingID) on your site rather than showing the websdk / iframe. Clicking on the join url will open the Zoom meeting in the Zoom app.

Apologies for the inconvenience,
Tommy

My question was in relation to Iframe. All options except webhooks are not possible with iframe due to cors, no? Or am I missing something related to cors setup?

Thanks Tommy for your reply. When will the Zoom web Client / APIs will be back. My application is not getting response from Zoom APIs. Any time line.

Thanks,

Hey @vidyapreps,

Sorry for the inconvenience, please see the note from the Manager of Developer Relations at Zoom.

-Tommy

Hey @WebWorker,

At this time embedding Zoom Web Client into iFrame will not work due to:

-Tommy

HI Tommy,
Do you have any update regarding the web client availability. It’s more than 48 hours and the feature is still down. I am paid customer and my team has spend hours in integrating this functionality with the site but in this tough situation I am unable to support my customer. I am losing customer trust because of zoom’s poor service and incompetent product team. Please get this feature online asap and its affecting millions of Users.

Thanks.

Hey @vidyapreps,

The Zoom Web Client is back up.

Please see latest update here for the Web SDK:

https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/guides/getting-started/stay-up-to-date/upcoming-changes/web-sdk

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy,
I have one question. Currently, I have used SDK for integrating Zoom with my application build using Angular. Zoom has to be started by host from Zoom app before the participants can join through my application. I want to check if the host can also join through my application without starting zoom by logging into Zoom App or Zoom.us. Please advice.

Thanks,
Vidyapreps

Hey @vidyapreps,

Yes, the host can start meetings with the Web SDK by setting the role to 1 instead of 0.

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks Tommy for your response. While setting up role value to 1, what additional information needs to be passed apart from Meeting Id and Password. Can you please share the input details for this API or the link for the API.

Thanks.

Hi Tommy,
We are able to connect as host by passing the value of 1 for the role but the dropdown values for Chat, options to mute, unmute the participants, turn off camera of the participants are not working. Please advice.

Thanks

Hey @vidyapreps,

Role 1 means that the user will be the host of the meeting, and has control of the meeting.

What specifically isn’t working? Are there any errors in the browser console?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy,
We are facing following issues:

1. Tool Bar below list of participants for Mute All, UnMute All etc is not visible
  2. More option is not working and so option to select spotlight video, make co-host etc are not available
  3. The voice echos if more than 1 user talks
  4. If more than 10 participants join then the quality starts deteriorating. Is there limit on how participants can join the meeting if the integration is done through SDK.

Thanks,
Vidyapreps