Sample Web App not working Locally failed with Error Code 1

After Running the Sample Web App by Generating the Key From Dev account also generating the Signature, The App says fails to connect timeout.

ZoomMtg.join(
{
meetingNumber: meetConfig.meetingNumber,
userName: meetConfig.userName,
signature: res.result, // added the generated signature here too as mentioned in the docs
apiKey: meetConfig.apiKey,
userEmail: ‘email@gmail.com’,
passWord: meetConfig.passWord,

What am i missing

Getting this error

1. {method: “join”, status: false, errorCode: 1, errorMessage: “joining fail”, result: null}

2. method: “join”

3. status: false

4. errorCode: 1

5. errorMessage: “joining fail”

6. result: null

Hey @rahul.champ01, , thanks for posting and using Zoom!

Are you using a JWT App Type for the key and secret credentials?

Also make sure you are using a valid meeting number with no dashes.

Duplicate post:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy
Yes i created a valid meeting id and used the App secret and App ID, but i found a post where its mentioned that using the web sdk requires a PRO account, also i had requested a trial at isv@zoom.us but currently i didn’t get a response. Is a Trail or pro account need to use this web sdk for meeting and webinar

Hey @rahul.champ01,

Yes, that could be the issue. Try upgrading to pro and try again. Sorry if isv@zoom.us hasn’t gotten back to you with the free trial, they are very busy with requests.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy,

I am also getting the same errorCode = 1.
{“method”:“join”,“status”:false,“result”:null,“errorCode”:1}
Am using sample web app, CDN version 1.7.5 and replaced with real API_KEY & API_SECRET.

Hey @devteam1,

Are you using a real meeting number without dashes?

Also make sure you are using JWT Api key and secret.

Thanks,
Tommy

Yes tommy. I was using the real info.
One thing i would like to bring to your notice that, i didn’t submitted any billing information.
Do you think, this might be causing the issue.

Thanks

Hey @devteam1,

Can you email developersupport@zoom.us with your JWT Key / Secret and account number so we can assist further?

Thanks,
Tommy

Same issue here.

Testing the Sample Web App CDN version 1.7.7 using JWT key/secret and correct meeting id with no dashes or spaces. Have a pro account. Getting error “Your connection has timed out and you cannot join the meeting. Verify your network connectivity and try again.” In console, it returns: {method: “join”, status: false, result: null, errorMessage: undefined, errorCode: 1}

I have tested this in Chrome Version 81.0.4044.138 (Official Build) (64-bit) and it returns the error above.

When I test it in Firefox 73.0, it connects to the meeting and works just fine (no computer audio though as that is not supported in FF).

Not sure what is causing the issue in Chrome, but would really appreciate some help on it.

Thank you,

Andy

Hey @andy_u,

Please see my post here:

Thanks,
Tommy