Annotation getting enabled for participants also

Hi,

When we enable the annotation for host in the User Management settings, it gets enabled for the participants also. How do we enable only for the host?

Regards
Atul

Hi @helloparent, thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify which platform you are asking about?

Thanks!

Hi Jon,

We have enabled in the User Management and are now seeing the same on Android SDK.

Regards
Atul

Hi @helloparent, thanks for clarifying.

You can disable viewer annotation by calling disableViewerAnnotation with a value of true.

Thanks!

Hi Jon,

this has to be done in the Android SDK? We are not using custom SDK

Regards

Hi @helloparent,

You can disable annotation with an account setting through the web portal, but it will turn it off entirely for all meetings under the account.

Thanks!

Hi Jon,

Turning off from there turns off for the host as well. We want to enable only for the host. Please advise.

Hi @helloparent,

Is the host the user that is sharing their screen when you toggle this setting? It is only possible to disable annotation for viewers, so the host would need to be the one sharing for this to work as you intend it to.

Thanks!

Hi Jon

Yes, its the host only who is sharing the screen and the participants do not have the right to share the screen.

Hi @helloparent,

I have not been able to reproduce this behavior. When I start sharing as the host and disable view annotation, I am still able to annotate the screen. Other participants are not able to. Can you please verify that you have not disabled annotation under your account settings?

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.