Annotation on version 5.7.9 or above

Description
I am using the “Share Single UIView” function. The Share view and annotation function is working while I am using SDK version 5.7.6 (1076). When I update the SDK version to 5.9 or above annotation function is not working. I have not changed any code but only the SDK version. I try to downgrade the version of the SDK, it works again.

And the participant view will transform after I call the Share Screen function.

Which iOS Meeting SDK version?
iOS meeting SDK 5.7.6 → 5.9.3. , 5.9.6. , 5.10.1. ,5.10.3.3244( LATEST )

Screenshots
Before version update:

After:

The annotation function is not working

after update the [as canDoAnntation] always returns NO

Smartphone (please complete the following information):

• Device: iPad (Pro, air)

Hi @lemon97213,

It looks like the issue is that annotation has not been started yet. Can you confirm whether or not you have called startAnnotationWithSharedView? If you are calling this method, what is the return value?

Thanks!

@jon.zoom

But why I can start the annotation with the same code and older version?

Thanks.

@jon.zoom

I tried to show the return value, but it is strange that It randomly returned 2 or 0. I tried about 20 times, with the same app same code same step.

Hi @lemon97213,

The value 2 maps to MobileRTCAnnotationError_PermissionDenied, meaning that you do not have permission to start annotating. This could mean that annotation is disabled for the current meeting.

Thanks!

@jon.zoom

How can I enable it ? And why I can use the Annotation with the older version? It is in the same meeting, and I make the host to me.

Thanks,
Alex

Hi @lemon97213,

Please see this support article for information on how to enable annotations. Note that this setting needs to be enabled for the account that owns the meeting, which is not necessarily the one tied to your developer credentials.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.