Another undocumented breaking change in mac SDK

Hello

Another undocumented breaking change I’ve found in the latest zoomSDK for mac - seems to have been introduced in the 5.7.6 release…

Previously I could call

[[[[ZoomSDK sharedSDK] getMeetingService] getMeetingUIController] showMeetingComponent:MeetingComponent_MainWindow window:&w show:YES InPanel:NO frame:NSZeroRect]

And I would get a pointer to the meeting’s main window component, but by passing a zeroRect as frame the window would not be resized. The new behaviour results in the meeting window being sized to a zero-sized window.

This is unhelpful as - as far as I can see - there is now no neat way to get a handle on the main window without resising it (as there is no way to know the size of the window until you have a handle to it)

I haven’t tested this with other elements but I suspect it’s the same

While looking at this it would also be great to look at adding an enum so that we can also get a handle to the second screen’s window - currently there doesn’t appear to be a neat way to do this

Thanks

Richard

Hi @richard1,

We’re very sorry that the behavior of this has changed. I’m not sure if this was intentional, so it is possible that it could be a bug rather than a breaking change. We will need to investigate this and get back to you once we have additional information.

While looking at this it would also be great to look at adding an enum so that we can also get a handle to the second screen’s window - currently there doesn’t appear to be a neat way to do this

That is certainly something that we can look into adding as we investigate this. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

Hi @richard1,

Quick update - we were able to confirm that this method is not functioning as intended. We have identified a fix for this which should be available in the next release.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.