Window filtering during monitor screen share (followup)

Description
Followup from this thread:

At some point, this was ‘fixed’. I have since upgraded to the latest SDK (v5.10.3.6470) but the behaviour has now switched.

Before, it was not possible to hide our client windows. Now, the SDK seems to hide the windows by default, but it is not possible to show the windows.

The SDK API returns the same error as before, just flipped. Passing ‘NO’ works, but passing ‘YES’ returns the WrongUsage error.

This is a preferable scenario for us, since we can still do application share of our own window if necessary, but it would still be nice to have the option to change this.

Which macOS Meeting SDK version?
v5.10.3.6470
MacOS 12.3.1

See linked thread for context

Hi @KieranAC,

Since you are unable to enable this setting, it seems likely that this setting is not available for the current meeting. Can you please confirm what you are seeing when you call isSupportShowZoomWindowWhenShare?

Thanks!

Yes you’re right, this returns false

[[[[ZoomSDK sharedSDK] getSettingService] getShareScreenSetting] isSupportShowZoomWindowWhenShare]

I did confirm that this setting is set for my Zoom account

and the setting still returns false. Is there anything else that can influence that setting?

We also checked an account level setting and turned that on as well. Same result as previous.

Hi @KieranAC,

This setting can be applied at the account, user, or group level. Are you sure that this is being applied to the account hosting the meeting and not your developer account? Settings applied to your developer account do not propagate to meetings started through the SDK. One way you can verify this is by starting a meeting through the Zoom client and checking if the setting is available through the settings UI.

Thanks!

Hey @jon.zoom

We created a new meeting, made sure the setting was applied to both the user (the host of the meeting) and account level, and joined the meeting from the Zoom client and our own app. (With the same account)

The share screen setting is available in the Zoom app, but not our custom app.

In Zoom, this setting hides the Zoom windows in share content (visible in our app)

this setting shows the Zoom windows

there are other settings available:

In our custom client, all of our app windows are permanently hidden regardless as the setting is not settable.

I feel like we’re missing something here, but not sure what it could be. Would logs help?

Hi @KieranAC,

Since you are seeing different results between the Zoom client and the SDK under identical circumstances, I think you’re thinking in the correct direction with getting the SDK logs so we can investigate exactly what is going on.

Thanks!

The first log (share_attempt_from_custom_app_0.log) is a share attempt from the custom client using my Zoom account. The custom client is in a meeting with the Zoom client app on the same machine with the same login.

In this case, ’ isSupportShowZoomWindowWhenShare’ returned FALSE (in the logs, setting it to NO after the check returns an error). While sharing, Zoom and windows from the custom app are not visible during desktop share. Did not attempt to set it to YES in this case, because that just returns an error.

The second log (share_attempt_from_zoom_longer.log) is the same meeting, but logs from the custom app while I share screen from the Zoom client. The Zoom client is able to change the window filtering option, and during desktop share, all of the windows (custom app and Zoom app) are visible. I’m not sure if logs from the custom client are useful but I thought I would include it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.