Any way to force meeting password generatation for PMI meeting?

I’m doing some experimentation to better understand meeting password in preparation for the changes on May 31.

Anyone know if there’s a way to force generation of a password from PMI meetings now? Setting and locking the regard password setting does it for non-PMI but doesn’t affect PMI.

Regarding after May 31, if the user doesn’t have a password from PMI, if a request is sent to create meeting for a user with PMI, will it generate password and return it? Is so, once that happens, will future request return the same password or change the user’s PMI meeting password?

It looks like I did get Zoom create meeting to generate a password for a PMI meeting. At the group level I turned on password required for all PMI meetings and then locked the setting. Once that was done, it generated a PMI meeting password for a use in the group and put that on a meeting I created with the API. But what is odd is the generated password is simply numeric and doesn’t follow the password rules setup for the account, at least one letter, at least one special character, etc. I’m wondering if those rules are not enforced for PMI passwords.

Hey @kkoellner,

Have you tried setting the password each time you are calling the Zoom create meeting endpoint?

Thanks,
Tommy

I found that when the PMI options are on and locked, create meeting does return the user’s PMI password. And of course the user has exactly one PMI password and changing it changes it for all scheduled PMI meetings.

Regarding setting the password each time a call to create meeting is done, that could be hugely dangerous if the user has PMI turned on. I found that when you do that, it will take the password you send and update the User’s PMI password. And of course that would invalidate any join links that already have been sent out for that user.

-Ken

Hey @kkoellner,

We are in the process of fixing this so the PMI password does not get overridden. (ZOOM-152547)

It should be released this weekend.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @kkoellner,

We have added a command to let the host to admit a participant into meeting from waiting room.

zcommand call admit participant : <userId>

This will be released in the Zoom Rooms 5.1.0 release.

Thanks,
Tommy