Any way to perform function of promoting attendee to a panelist through api call

Description
I’m looking for a way to trigger programmatically the function of promoting an attendee in a webinar to a panelist. I see in the web UI you can perform the function but I don’t see anywhere in the webSDK documentation that their is function to perform this.

Which version?
web-SDK version 1.8.6

Device:

• Device: Desktop
  • Browser: Chrome

Hey @cdeleogg,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. While there isn’t a function to accomplish this with the WebSDK. Have you tested using the Add Webinar Panelists API?

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

I have not tested, I did see that you could add to the panelist list through the API, however I didn’t think this would affect an attendee that was already in an ongoing webinar. Would adding to the panelists list make the user disconnect and reconnect as a panelist?

Hey @cdeleogg,

Thank you for the update. Using the Add Webinar Panelists API won’t disconnect a user from the webinar, but you can use it to add someone who is attending a webinar as a panelist. They would then have to leave and rejoin the webinar to be a panelist.

If the ability to dynamically add panelists via the API is a feature you would like to be considered for a future release, I recommend posting in the #feature-requests category.

Thanks,
Max

@MaxM thanks for getting back to me, just one last question does zoom have any roadmap of features/requests that have been accepted and they are working on implementing?

Thanks,

Chris

Hey @cdeleogg,

Thank you for your question. We don’t have a roadmap that is specific to feature requests that have been accepted but we do have a Developer Roadmap on trello that is updated on a quarterly basis.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.