API endpoints for in-webinar actions

Hello everyone,
I am trying to manage the Panelists and Participants of a Webinar by means of API.

I’ve noticed that some operations, such as removing a Panelist by API, returns the correct response but actually has no direct effect during an active webinar.

Is there any solution at the moment? Do I have to perform these operations via Zoom Client?

Is it not possible to perform them via Web SDK either?

Hey @GMx,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. It’s important to note that all of our meetings focus on upcoming meetings or past meetings except for the dashboard APIs.

What this means is that you can add a panelist prior to a meeting. For ongoing meetings, the user will need to rejoin the meeting to use their participant status.

Currently, we don’t have a method to programmatically and instantly convert an attendee to a panelist either through the Web SDK or the APIs. In all instances, they will need to rejoin the meeting to become a panelist after being added.

If you would like this feature to be considered for a future release, I recommend posting in the Feature Requests category.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.