API calls to import or create meetings within the LTI Pro integration?

Thanks @cbarbour, if the functionality is not in that doc, then it is not available at this moment.

Please submit this as a feature request here: #feature-requests (ZOOM-176821)

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @cbarbour

Did you find a way to import the meeting to the LMS using Zoom API?

We have the same situation.

Regards.

No. We actually didn’t pursue it.

Our goal was to:

1. Create meetings for our faculty
  2. Automatically import them into the LTI Pro tool in the LMS (Sakai)
  3. Have the resulting Zoom cloud recordings wind up in the corresponding Panopto course folder

Unfortunately there is an issue Zoom needs to resolve first. To accomplish the automatic mapping of zoom recordings to the panopto folders we would have needed to enable a Scheduling Tracking Field called panopto_folder_context.

Currently that field has to be visible to users in order for the Panopto integration to query the value. Having a Scheduled Tracking Field field visible to all of our users would have been extremely confusing to many of them. In part because the behavior is different depending on where you’re scheduling the meetings. Using Zoom’s Chrome Extension resulted in a pop-up box asking for panopto_folder_context with only the Cancel and Continue options. No description or explanation.

Zoom needs to make Scheduling Tracking Fields so they can be hidden to users but visible to APIs. Then we could consider enabling that part of the process. If that’s in place, then perhaps we can think about trying to import these meetings. If not using a Zoom API call (which apparently does not yet exist), then through some automated process which just simulates the users doing the behavior itself.

Of course by that time, Zoom may have updated the Zoom LTI Pro tool to allow for the automatic creation of meetings. That’s on their roadmap.

Thanks,

Chaz

Charles Barbour
Educational Technology… Analyst?.. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

University of Notre Dame
cbarbour@nd.edu

Cell: 574-485-6076

1 Like

Hi @cbarbour

Thanks for the reply.

Regards.

Hey @ALEXROMERO, @cbarbour,

Checkout my thread here for an update regarding the tracking fields in the UI:

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Hey Chaz,

Where did you get that screen grab of the roadmap? I was looking for it and can’t find it in the docs or elsewhere - is it from a presentation/online video or something else unsearchable?

Thanks

I’m pretty sure that was from an Internet 2 Zoom advisory board presentation.

I did see an update last week from another source which I don’t think was embargoed or under NDA. Sorry I don’t have more information I can share with you.

Chaz

Charles Barbour
Educational Technology… Analyst?.. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

University of Notre Dame
cbarbour@nd.edu

Cell: 574-485-6076

1 Like

Hey @hanleybrand, @cbarbour, @ALEXROMERO,

You can see our API and App Roadmap roadmap here:

https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/guides/stay-up-to-date/upcoming-changes/api

https://zoomappdocs.zoom.us/lti-pro-v2/release-notes

Please see my latest update here regarding tracking fields:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy

I’m not sure about the release.

My goal is:

1. Create a meeting using the API ZOOM.
  2. Get the ID of the meeting.
  3. Import the meeting into the LTI PRO Canvas course (endpoint API ZOOM).

What is the new endpoint for import the meeting to the canvas course?

Regards.

Hi @ALEXROMERO,

Auto creation of Zoom Meetings for courses in LTI Pro is on our roadmap, but isn’t currently implemented. New functionality will be logged here on our Release Notes page once implemented.

If there is additional functionality that you’re looking for that isn’t in our LTI Pro app documentation, don’t hesitate to submit a feature request here: #feature-requests

Thanks,
Will

Thanks @will.zoom

¡We really need a endpoint to autoimport the new meetings!

Regards.

If you edit your current LTI Pro configuration, you’ll find a new section to Import meetings into courses by uploading a CSV file. I haven’t tried it myself, but maybe check it out and see if it will do what you need.
I also couldn’t find anything about it in the documentation.

Will, I know this isn’t your responsibility but if you look at the Zoom release notes page, the last update is from March. That’s clearly not accurate and there have been several releases since then.

Can someone update that page to make it match the current state as well as updating it more frequently?

## Current Release
## March 2020

1 Like

Hi @AVJeff

I saw that option but it’s not that we need it.

We designed an LTI (Canvas) to create meetings using the ZOOM API. The teacher is the one who has to create the meeting and then import it into ZOOM PRO UI.
Reason: my University needs additional information (from Canvas) to inform our government (educational control).

@cbarbour I appreciate your raising this — I will work to raise this with the right folks here at Zoom to make sure we’re striving to make more regular updates to the app docs.

Thanks,
Will

1 Like

This would be great - I don’t have a way to verify it, but I’m very sure the LTI Pro has been updated several times since March (features have been added to the config site, and the scheduling UI page has had slight modifications I’m sure).

Additional suggestion: With Zoom being so crucial to education these days, could the LTI pro have it’s own sub board somewhere on this site?
When I first came to these boards I was surprised it didn’t have its own forum – after a little searching I realized that the Marketplace board seemed to be the place to look, but I suspect users like myself (people responsible for the LMS and/or Zoom in higher ed/k-12) are coming to look for the LTI Pro discussion area and leaving when it doesn’t exist.

Hey @hanleybrand,

I appreciate the suggestion, and can definitely see value in that for an education use case. If you’re so inclined, I think this would be a great post for our #feature-requests channel.

Thanks,
Will

Hi @will.zoom

Any update on this topic?

Regards

Hey @ALEXROMERO
Thanks for reaching out to us!
Feel free to create a new topic since this topic is closed :slight_smile:
Cheers,
Elisa

A bulk import API endpoint was created, which resolves this thread: