List a set of recorded classes In moodle, using tracking fields

Hola…!!!
I want to show in my moodle, a list of recorded classes. I think, this list should be based on API’s and a custom field or tracking field (in the web UI = Schedule Tracking Fields).

In example, I have a course with 4 groups (Entry1, Entry2, Advanced1, Advanced2). So once I schedule a zoom, I can say which group (Entry1 for this example) that class is for, based on the tracking field. Also, once it is recorded, I would like to get the list of those recorded classes just for Group Entry1 (via API in moodle).

Is this possible ??, What should I do ???, How I can do it ??
If not, what suggestions you can give me ??

Thank you so much!!!

Hey @javierangelesmar,

You can create meetings with the API with tracking fields:

Let me know if you have additional questions!

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi tommy

At my university, we are using Canvas LMS and creating meetings with the ZOOM API, saving additional Canvas information (tracking field):

id_couse_canvas
Name_course_canvas
Group / section_students_canvas
etc.

Our students use the Zoom LTI (Basic / PRO) interface to access the meetings (always from Canvas LMS) and the problem is that the students cannot access those meetings, because the LTI does not show them.

Is there a way to solve this? We really need students to see those meetings from Canvas.

Regards.

Alex

Hey @soporterespondus,

We are looking into this issue and will get back to you with an update. (ZOOM-183708)

-Tommy

1 Like

Hey @soporterespondus,

Only the meetings created in the LMS will be shown in the LMS, otherwise the meetings do not show in LMS if created on the Zoom Web Portal.

You can “Import” the meeting to the course instead (Note: Can’t import twice)

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy

( soporterespondus it’s me ALEXROMERO)

¡It is good news!

Question: is it possible to import the meeting using the API?

The steps:

1. The teacher completes the information on the form (in Canvas) to create the meeting using an interface of our University.

2. The teacher submit the form and our app create the session on Zoom and “import” the session on the Canvas course.

Regards.

1 Like

Hey @ALEXROMERO,

Please see my post here:

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Hi @tommy

Thank you for the update. Is there a specific date for the next release?. I’m looking for on this site (https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/changelog) and I can’t found it.

Regards.

Hey @ALEXROMERO,

It is currently slated for August 22nd. (Due note that date is subject to change).

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy

Any update about the release?

Regards.

Hey @ALEXROMERO,

I am checking the status and status of the docs and will get back to you.

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like