Creating a Zoom Meeting Via an API that Will Show Up in The Canvas LTI Pro App

Description
We want to be able to create meetings on behalf of our users based on data from external databases.
We can do this normally via the Zoom API (which works wonderfully btw) but we cannot figure out a way generate meetings programmatically that will show in the Canvas LTI Pro.

Error
Unable to create meetings programmatically that show in the LTI Pro.

Which App?
Canvas LTI Pro

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Create a meeting via the Zoom API including the tracking fields.

Additional context
We have reach out to Canvas who has told us that they do not have this information.

We have reached out to CoSo (the company that seems to own the LTI Pro) but they have not responded.

We are hoping that Zoom (or someone on this forum; fingers crossed) has some more information about how to create a meeting programmatically that will show up in the LTI Pro.

Or if there are other ways of creating or importing meetings into the LTI Pro.

We came across this previous post but did not see any updates:

2 Likes

Hey @jroorda,

Can you let me know if this thread answers your question:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy,
Thank you for sending this it was a interesting question.

I think vhu was trying to pull the tracking field from the zoom meeting to understand the relationship between the the Canvas course site and the Zoom meeting.

This information is great but I think I am focused on creating the meeting in a way that shows in the LTI Pro ui.

We want to create a meeting using an API (ideally a zoom API) and the creation of that meeting will allow for the newly created meeting to show in the LTI Pro interface in the Canvas course site.

Thanks,
Justin

1 Like

Hey @jroorda,

Thanks for the additional info. I have added this as a feature request to our engineering team. (ZOOM-176821)

I will keep you updated on its development.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @jroorda,

We are releasing support for this in our August release. I will keep you updated. (ZOOM-173435)

Thanks,
Tommy

Awesome,
this is great news!

Thank you @tommy

Hi @tommy,
Will that functionality also work with Blackboard, or is it specific to Canvas?
We will be automatically creating 1,000+ Zoom meeting IDs via the Zoom API from our scheduled class list. It would be amazing if, when the Zoom meeting ID is created via the API, we could use the API to also link it to the Blackboard course so that we did not have to manually import them into each course’s LTI Pro section.
Thank you,
Jeff.

Hey @jroorda, you are welcome! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @AVJeff,

Not sure about Blackboard, can you share a link to the integration you are referring to?

If it does not work with Blackboard, we can make it work in a future release. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy,

I’m not sure what kind of link you are looking for. Perhaps I was unclear in my question.

You stated that there will be support for jroorda’s request in your August release. I assume that means jroorda will be able to create a meeting using the Zoom API that will show up in the LTI Pro section of a Canvas course. I was just wondering if that would work with every LMS that the LTI Pro supports (i.e. Blackboard, Brightspace, Moodle, etc.) or if it was specific to Canvas?

Thank you,
Jeff.

Hey @AVJeff,

Ah gotcha, thanks for clarifying.

​Bulk Import will work on all LMSs in which LTI Pro is installed

-Tommy

1 Like

Thanks, @tommy. Looking forward to that release!

1 Like

You are welcome! :slight_smile:

-Tommy

Hi there, could you please link that feature request? so I can follow/subscribe to it and get updates for when it is ready to use. Thanks

Hey @adrian.san,

This will be released later this month.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi,
Will it also be possible to know from which course the meeting was created
(In case the lecturer set it manually using the LTI Pro from Moodle)?

thanks,
Jacob

Hey @zuriely,

With the tracking fields you should be able to link the two.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy,
Do you have an updated timeline for this release?
Thank you,
Jeff.

2 Likes

Hey @tommy,
Any news about this feature?

Thanks
Jacob

2 Likes

Hey @AVJeff, @zuriely,

We have finished developing the feature and are working on updating the docs. :slight_smile:

I will share them once completed.

Thanks,
Tommy