API delay/slowdowns for create meeting

Description
I noticed on https://status.zoom.us/ that an issue with slowdowns was reported and resolved on Nov 19-- however we are still seeing Zoom take over 15 seconds, usually over a full minute, to respond to a Create Meeting request with our integration for many users. See screenshot below for our log of timeouts

Error
The new meeting response is received after 15 seconds (usually over 60 seconds to return)

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
OAuth

Which Endpoint/s?
https://api.zoom.us/v2/users/me/meetings

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
N/A

Screenshots (If applicable)

Additional context
Let me know if I should provide more information on our use case! Thank you

Hey @joet,

Thanks for reaching out about this, and happy to help look into this for you.

Is it possible to share some additional details with us so that we can further investigate?

• When are you seeing this—is this consistent or during certain times of day, etc?
  • Can you share some Meeting IDs that took longer than usual to create?
  • Is it possible to share a screenshot like the one here where the dates aren’t cut off?
  • Are there any network or firewall settings on your end that could be impacting your requests?

Thanks!
Will

@will.zoom thanks for the follow-up! Sorry for cutting off the dates. Here is a better screenshot (We only have data going back to the 9th):

You can see it peaks at certain times, I think it’s just during the day when our customers are most active. We increased the time-out maximum last week, so this week we are seeing less timeouts. Some examples of meeting IDs with our own timestamps for request and response:

• 88244132015: requested at 2020-11-20T08:57:56.946Z, response at 2020-11-20T08:59:26.342Z
  • 96776696092: requested at 2020-11-20T08:55:14.828Z, response at 2020-11-20T08:57:16.227Z
  • 95158668874: requested at 2020-11-20T05:50:32.217Z. response at 2020-11-20T05:52:03.509Z

We investigated our network stack and haven’t found anything that could be causing this on our end…

Best

• Joe

Hey @joet,

Thanks so much for sharing these details. I’ve shared this information with our Engineering team and we’re looking into this (ZOOM-220672).

Best,
Will

hey @will.zoom, thanks for looking into this. Has there been any resolution? We are seeing another uptick in zoom delays due to endpoint timeout (even after increasing our own wait time):

Hi @joet,

Thanks for following up on this and for providing some more examples.

I’ve just followed up with our Engineering team on this and hope to have an update for you shortly.

Thanks,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.