If you’re experiencing unexpected API/Zoom API Events (webhooks) behavior please search the forum with relevant keywords (e.x. error message) and follow the guidance outlined in those posts. Please also leverage the following support links:
- Zoom Developer Changelog for Dev Product Changes: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/guides/stay-up-to-date/changelog/
- General Troubleshooting: https://devsupport.zoom.us/hc/en-us
- To Submit a Ticket for Unexpected API/Zoom API Events Behavior: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us
- For General & Integrations Related Guidance: https://community.zoom.com/
- For Troubleshooting Webhooks: "We Are Not Receiving Webhooks As Expected" -- Here's What to Do! - #2
API Endpoint(s) and/or Zoom API Event(s)
Link the API endpoint(s) and/orZoom API Event(s) you’re working with to help give context.
Update user settings: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/methods/#operation/userSettingsUpdate
Get user settings: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/methods/#operation/userSettings
Details on your question, workflow or the problem you’re trying to solve.
The waiting_room (Boolean) setting is found in both “User Settings” and “Meeting/Webinar Security Settings” but when I retrieve the user settings, the name-value of the waiting room is only one returned.
It seems the waiting_room only needs set one place is good enough in the same API. are there any reasons that two waitng_room parameters are put in the Get User Settings / Update User Settings APIs?
The full error message or issue you are running into, where applicable.
How To Reproduce
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
1. Request URL / Headers (without credentials or sensitive info like emails, uuid, etc.) / Body
2. Authentication method or app type
3. Any errors
In the “User settings” category:
In the “Meeting/Webinar Security Settings” category: