API participants report call not returning expected data

We have client’s webinar that had users attend the zoom webinar not return the expected participant data from the /report/webinars/{webinarId}/participants API endpoint. We have established a workflow with multiple clients for obtaining the participant report for their zoom webinars/meetings by calling this endpoint. The following webinar id 88450443023 is having an issue with not returning the expected amount of participants. I was hoping to be able to get some clarification on why this endpoint is returning an unexpected amount of participants.

Thanks

The post only allowed me to embed a single image. Below is a screenshot of the attendee report generated by zoom.

Hey @ccates,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. When you say that the expected number of participants isn’t returned, how many are expected and how many are returned? Are you able to provide your full request body as well as the response that you’re seeing?

Thanks,
Max

Hi Max,

We were expecting ~33 participants but only recieved 2. Below is a sample of the response data being returned from the webinar/participants API.
Sample request:

Returns:
{
“next_page_token”: “”,
“page_count”: 1,
“page_size”: 30,
“participants”: [
{
“attentiveness_score”: “”,
“duration”: 424,
“id”: “weLOseQMRiGriCraIX803g”,
“join_time”: “2021-01-19T21:33:08Z”,
“leave_time”: “2021-01-19T21:40:12Z”,
“name”: “ACBANet Zoom”,
“user_email”: “acbanet-zoom@prolearn.io”,
“user_id”: “16778240”
},
{
“attentiveness_score”: “”,
“duration”: 377,
“id”: “weLOseQMRiGriCraIX803g”,
“join_time”: “2021-01-19T21:33:54Z”,
“leave_time”: “2021-01-19T21:40:11Z”,
“name”: “ACBANet Zoom”,
“user_email”: “acbanet-zoom@prolearn.io”,
“user_id”: “16779264”
}
],
“total_records”: 2
}

Hey @ccates,

Thank you for providing more information. Looking at the webinar ID provided, I’m seeing that there were two instances of that webinar but using the webinar ID will cause Zoom to return the latest instance.

Please try using the following UUID that references a webinar with the same Id but refers to an earlier instance: Fz6FSjKESFG7JSIFNqriEw==

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.