I’m using the custom UI feature on the latest macOS SDK. I have a component which is very similar to the ZMSDKThumbnailView component from the sample application. It has an arrow button feature to scroll through the video thumbnails of participants in my zoom meeting. I have a severe issue where in some cases when I scroll through the video thumbnails, my app will hang and become unresponsive with no errors until I force quit. Feels like some kind of deadlock symptom and the entire NSApplication hangs with no indication of what is failing.
I was able to reproduce this exact symptom on the MacOS sample application. To reproduce, I did the following:
- Ran the MacOS sample application on XCode 10
- Selected custom UI option and joined my personal meeting room
- Had 3 other devices join the meeting for a total of 4 participants
- Opened the Thumbnail video panel on the sample app, had arrows enabled since there were more than 3 participants
- Repeatedly scroll through thumbnail videos using bottom arrow -> top arrow -> bottom arrow -> top arrow -> etc… and so on until the app is no longer responsive
Here is a screen capture of the above procedure on the macOS sample app:
As you can see on the video, reproducing takes some repetition but clicking becomes unresponsive at about the ~38 second mark, and the sample app hangs. I’m unable to scroll through participants using the arrow keys nor can I click any of the buttons. The video stays active, but nothing else is functional. For some reason the video does not capture this, but the mouse pointer becomes a rainbow spinning wheel as further indication of a problem. The app/xcode logs do not show any error or feedback as to what is failing.
Latest macOS SDK: https://github.com/zoom/zoom-sdk-macos/releases/tag/v4.6.21666.0427
To Reproduce(If applicable)
Screen capture: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PlJ8J6hRlR-ys5Lr45-rUlgi_9VIojK0/view?usp=sharing
Smartphone (please complete the following information):
- XCode 10
Although it takes a bit of repetition to reproduce, I anticipate users of my app encountering this issue frequently because the component I use is the primary video display of the application so I expect frequent scrolling.