Appropriate method to calculate remaining licenses on account

I wanted to validate the appropriate way to validate the number of remaining licenses in an account to troubleshoot an issue I am having with the number the formula is returning.

I have been using the following formula:

remainingLicenses = planBaseHosts - planBaseUsage + subAccountSeats

planBaseHosts:

planBaseUsage:

subAccountSeats:

Hey @mkumar05,

Yes, that should be the correct formula. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks! What would it mean if it returns a negative number?

Hey @mkumar05,

Can you share the values that you are using to get the negative number?

That way I can take a look! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Here are the values for a log a couple days ago:

I have seen the number also hit -1 sometimes when I add in the subaccount seats.

My main issue has been I can’t manually license users in the web portal when I have under 55 licenses available (but users do get a license when the are created via the SSO/SAML process), so I’m wondering if something is wrong with our numbers.

Hey @mkumar05,

Let me investigate this and get back to you. (ZOOM-198963)

I will find out why you are getting a negative number sometimes.

Thanks,
Tommy

I found a -1 example, there were a lot of logs to dig through.

Hey @mkumar05,

To confirm, you don’t need to include the sub account seats. The correct formula is

hosts - usage

hosts = available licenses, and usage = licenses being used

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks! Since that is the formula, my number would be -55 or -56 at times. I have a guess as to what that means, but wanted to see if you have any direct insight.

Hey @mkumar05,

That is strange, it should not be a negative number in most cases. What was your guess? I am happy to look into why the numbers add up this way for your account if you’d like.

Thanks,
Tommy

I think we were assigned more licenses to our account than we officially had (it was something I was told may have happened). We just purchased another large batch of licenses which I am hoping will ultimately correct the issue. Alternatively it could be a bug with the way subaccount licenses alter the total number of licenses available.

Hey @mkumar05,

That could be the case. Let me confirm and see. :slight_smile:

(I have just private messaged you)

Thanks,
Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.