Approve on-demand webinar recording registrants by csv or email list

Is there a way (or can one be made) to automatically approve on-demand registrants via csv or email list? Or even better, have Zoom understand automatically to link the webinar registration information with the on-demand recording of the same webinar and automatically only approve the emails from the initial webinar registration list, that would be ideal and is a major feature missing in paid zoom webinars.

Here is the current situation. We do paid webinars (via paypal with zoom webinars) with attendances in the 100 - 200’s. We want to give access to the the paid registrants to the on-demand recording afterwards for review. The current options are manual or automatic approval. There are problems with both those current options as they are.

Manual Approval: it takes a lot of time to manually approve each registrant as they trickle in and we have to cross reference their email address with the webinar registration list to approve and deny.

Automatic Approval: Anyone can register as long as they have the registration link and on-demand password. Unfortunately, some registrants share the link and password with friends or others who did not pay to attend the initial webinar, because of this they can view the on-demand webinar recording for free. Another problem here is that the deny button is false and doesn’t actually do anything once someone is already approved as we tested. Meaning, if someone gets automatically approved and we see they do not belong, we have the option to move them to the denied list via the deny button. But through testing that is all it does, just move them to the denied list in our zoom backend, it doesn’t stop them from viewing because they were initially approved, so what is the actual point of that deny button? Deny only really works if the registrant was never approved before. Seems like an oversight in the system. You can see this by approving someone to an on-demand recording, let them use the password and start watching, then go to your approved list, select this person, send them to the denied list, their name goes to the denied list, yet they can still watch the recording because of the initial approval, it doesn’t kick them out or block them in anyway.

Which version?

Hey @DesignMorphine,

Thanks for using the dev forum!

Are you using the Zoom Windows Application or the Zoom Windows SDK?

Michael

Currently using Zoom Windows Application as well Zoom on Browser with a business account + Webinar add on. Willing to use the SDK if the above described functionality is possible to achieve with it. Essentially, looking for the most automated / easy way to get paid webinar attendees from paid webinar to on-demand recording by only allowing email addresses which paid for the webinar to view the on-demand recording.

Hey @DesignMorphine,

Gotcha, this forum is for the SDK specifically. The closest thing I could think of to that behavior would be the prepopulate registrant for webinar functionality in the SDK. However, implementing the SDK is a big endeavor for just one feature. I would reach out to Zoom Support at Zoom Help Center.

Thanks!
Michael

Thanks @Michael_Condon

Thanks for the response. Yeap we tried to the Zoom Support Center but those kind of feature requests generally take forever if at all to be implemented. That’s is why I was hoping there was something to implement in the SDK so we didn’t have to wait and hope.

The way Zoom webinar and on-demand recordings works now is perfectly fine. It just doesn’t consider the addition of adding the payed webinar functionality. Automatic approval for the on-demand recordings of free webinars with no filter makes sense (or even to lock it into just email address extension which makes perfect sense for internal company webinars). Just seems there was an oversight in the way people would use paid webinars, it which all the email addresses could be different and the payment system didn’t consider the on-demand recording system.

I actually have called Zoom Support as well as left feature requests etc. All this could be solved easily by adding a csv import option to the on-demand automatic approval option. Same way that the actual webinars and meetings have. If registration matches email on csv then approve, if not, then deny.

Hey @DesignMorphine,

I understand. This does seem like a useful feature request. Unfortunately there is not much we can do on this forum for that. If you decide to use the Zoom SDK please let me know and I can assist you with implementation.

Thanks!
Michael

@Michael_Condon Thank you for the replies. Maybe you know the best location to request such a feature. Maybe I am just missing the proper channel.

Hey @DesignMorphine,

I would suggest this one: Feedback - Zoom

Thanks!
Michael