"Approve Registrant" does not return "join_url"

OK, I know how to fix the problem. Just use webhook Meeting Registration Created after add registrant and boom done. I’ve got join_url :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

@tommy

Since this is a no-go, can you guys fix the registrant-webhook-not-firing-from-android issue?

If that bug is fixed, we can move forward with a reasonable solution. Otherwise, we’re stuck :expressionless:

Hey @pingchp, @herogp,

Yep, that is the best way! Use the Registrant Created / Approved webhooks to get single registrant instance.

I will ask engineering to add the join_url to the Registrant Approved Webhook. (ZOOM-162957)

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Hey @vaidy,

We will work on fixing the android issue asap.

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks @tommy

We haven’t tested whether the issue happens in iOS. Can you take care of that as well? Thanks.

Hey @vaidy,

Yes, we will look into it, please stay updated on this thread:

Thanks,
Tommy

I have encountered precisely the same issue as @vaidy today in my own integration work. To date, I have not needed to implement any webhook functionality and having to do so for the sake of this issue, which IMO boils down to an API deficiency, is frustrating and disappointing.

Is it possible to get any more clarity on why the engineering team cannot update the Update Meeting Registrant Status API to return the join_url when approving a registrant? (My best guess would be as it requires changing the HTTP status code of the response from 204 to 200, which might break some integrations.)

Failing that, I like @herogp’s suggestion to replicate the Webinar ‘Get Meeting Registrant’ API over to ordinary meetings (which to be honest, I was mildly surprised was not already present).

The proposed workaround of using the List Meeting Registrants API is the avenue I have had to proceed down before finding this discussion thread, but as already pointed out, it is a poor and heavy-handed workaround.

1 Like

Hey @johnrix,

That is one of the reasons. Currently the best way to get the join_url is the List Meeting Registrants API.

We understand the deficiency here and are working on a solution now with Webhooks, and will look into adding a response body to the Update Meeting Registrant Status API.

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks @tommy. Will keep an eye out for updates!

1 Like

You are welcome! :slight_smile:

-Tommy

Hey,
as support didn’t answer me for a month, I try to find a solution here.
The issue is related to approval, but if I should open a new topic, please let me know.

I added my other Zoom account as a registrant for an occurrence and then approved it via Integromat API integration. It was successful, seen the user in the Approved tab on Zoom Meeting page GUI.

I was the only participant in the meeting as a host, the recording was running and the red END button was at the bottom, so it really started.

However, when I opened Join URL from my Android phone, with logged-in (with the only registrant user) Zoom app, the page still communicated that the meeting isn’t started yet (if you are the host, log in and START the meeting). I think it’s confusing, some of my audience will leave the process at this point.

But if they find and click on “Join as attendee”, then the Meeting password is still required - can’t I disable that given all my meetings are for approved and logged-in registrants only? Remember your slogan: Making Video Communications Frictionless.

After submitting the password, the strangest happens: a popup says: “FINISH the registration to join the meeting.” Cancel / Register
But the user was registered and approved!

But, why should an already registered and approved, logged-in user do any further action?
Is this a bug or did I misunderstand the functionality?

Thanks for any idea in advance!

Hey @balint,

Please share the link to the Integromat integration so I can take a look.

Thanks,
tommy

Thank you @tommy!

Hey @balint,

Since Integromat built the integration, please reach out to them for support.

Also due note that they have integrated with us improperly. We highly discourage sharing your JWT credentials.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @tommy,
They say as API returns Success and the user really moved to the Approved tab in the Zoom Website Meeting Occurrence Page, the problem should be on your side.

How should I object to this?

Hey @balint,

Can you ask their developers post here on the forum with the issue so we can work with them to debug?

Since they built the integration, we will have to work with their developers to figure out the issue.

Thanks,
Tommy

Update: We are adding the registrant join_url to registrant approved webhook in our august release.

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

This is great news, Tommy. Thank you!

1 Like

You are welcome! :slight_smile:

-Tommy

so, what will be the solution?
I tried with Zapier instead of Integromat, but the result is the same error (API action seem successful, but no registrant is seen from Zoom web UI in the same Occurrence)