Are videobot (3D avatar) API available?

Hi all,
mi first post here.

I watched, here and there, sort of videobot “3D” avatar in zoom meetings, by example here:

But I can’t find documentation on zoom developer website.

Are these API available for all developers or they are available just for special partners as cocohub dot ai?

See:

Is not clear to me if this feature is enabled by zoom or it is something supplied by https://cocohub.ai/

May you help me to clarify?

BTW, I’m a researcher at ITD-CNR and I would possibly like to experiment a voiceobot as virtual teacher/assistant in virtual classroom lessons.

Thanks
giorgio

Hey @solyarisoftware,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. It looks like they have a custom chatbot implementation that they were able to invite to a Zoom meeting because their chatbot exposes a virtual webcam and microphone implementation that is part of their chatbot. I’m not positive but my understanding is that they used standard Zoom functionality with their chatbot. If you would like to manipulate raw video and audio data, we do have our new Zoom Fully Customizable SDK.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

1 Like

Thanks @MaxM for your feedback

so I understand that’s a third party “hack”.

For some reasons, I reckon that client-side emulation is not the best for many reasons (“bot- impersonation” issues, etc.)

So my question now, is that if Zoom maybe want to maybe realize in future an upgrade of chatbot app API currently available (https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/guides/build/chatbot-app) allowing the chatbot not only to appear as actor in the text chat, but also having an avatar, managed as an option, part of the official API.

Makes sense?

Thanks
giorgio

Hey @solyarisoftware,

I think that would be a great idea but I’m not aware of anything like this being on our roadmap. We are, however, working to add features that will bring more customizability directly into meetings which could be used for continuity between an in-chat bot and a 3rd party in-meeting bot. If you would like this feature to be considered for a future release, I recommend posting in the #feature-requests category.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.