ArgumentOutOfRangeException when StopRecording

Description
Hello, we have a problem in the application with the methods of starting and stopping recording, after updating the zoom SDK. When executing the start → stop methods, we get a System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException. We reproduced this issue in the demo application, in the code below, and in what is output to the console when this code is executed. In the old version of the SDK, the date after the start method is executed is converted to the UTC format, in the new version 1970 is returned.

To Reproduce

private void Button_Click(object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
    {
        Console.WriteLine("Start recording...");
        ValueType time = DateTime.Now;
        Console.WriteLine("Date before sdk code: " + time);
        var err = CZoomSDKeDotNetWrap.Instance.GetMeetingServiceWrap()
                    .GetMeetingRecordingController()
                    .StartRecording(ref time);
        Console.WriteLine("Date after sdk code: " + time);
        Console.WriteLine("Recording Start: " + err);
    }

private void Button_Click_1(object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
    {
        Console.WriteLine("Stop recording...");
        ValueType time = DateTime.Now;
        var err = CZoomSDKeDotNetWrap.Instance.GetMeetingServiceWrap()
                    .GetMeetingRecordingController()
                    .StopRecording(ref time);
        Console.WriteLine("Recording Stop: " + err);
    }

Console output:
Auth: SDKERR_SUCCESS
Join: SDKERR_SUCCESS
Start recording…
Date before sdk code: 16.12.2021 16:23:29
Date after sdk code: 01.01.1970 0:00:00
Recording Start: SDKERR_SUCCESS
Stop recording…
Exception thrown: ‘System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException’ in mscorlib.dll

Which Windows Meeting SDK version?
v5.7.6.1081

Hi @ultematum091, thanks for using our SDK.

Sorry to hear you’re running into this issue. I was unable to reproduce this issue in the SDK sample app. It seems that you are using the C# demo based on the information you’ve provided though, so it may be something specific to that implementation. As noted in our documentation, that wrapper is not actively maintained and is only meant to serve as a reference. Can you please confirm whether or not you are able to reproduce this issue in the C++ sample app?

Thanks!

Our application uses a C# wrapper and we need a solution specifically for this case. I cannot port this code to a C++ application, maybe this problem is reproduced only in the C# version from the implementation features.

Hi @ultematum091,

As mentioned earlier, we do not actively maintain or support the C# wrapper and can only assist if this issue is reproducible in a C++ environment. Otherwise, it is likely an issue specific to the C# wrapper. Please let me know if you can reproduce this in the SDK sample app or a C++ application using the SDK natively and I will be happy to help investigate further.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.